Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

engine hesitation audi S5

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

First of all, thx for your help already !!!!
I twice took one of the guys of my dealer(both working in the garage on S-models) with me to show the problem and they both confirmed it. I'll call them asap to tell them about the tourque converter locking in....

Thx
Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi guys,

Just got an email back from my local dealer saying that they tested it again
and came to the conclusion that this is normal behaviour of the gear box!
It is according to them no hidden mechanical or technical problem. It is the
programation of the box as protection for the automatic transmission.
I'm advised to consider this as correct and leave it as it is.

I'm having a mixed fealing about this..... I don't know anymore.
It is very annoying that the car still does it. The question is why the car didn't do it in the beginning? Why it doesn't do it all the time in 'comfort' mode?
If i try to duplicate it by changing gear manually via the flippers, it doesnt do it at all. it just shifts to fifth and increases in rpm without falling back.
Is in these cases the gearbox not protected ????

Is there anyone who can duplicate this on his S5 and see if this happens as well ? Some people have it, some people don't ....

I talked to my insurance company I few weeks ago and they assigned an expertise company. They gave me a call and on the 19th of april I have a meeting with them, my local dealer, D'ieteren and myself. Wonder wat is going to happen.... If they say it is normal behaviour, wonder what you can do than...

YouTube - Engine hesitation 3.mp4

See ya,
Bert
Old 04-08-2011, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If the dealer claims this a normal condition see if they have another 2010 S5 to try and compare. My former dealer claimed problems I had in the past were "normal" until it was proven otherwise. To blow off customer problems Audi and dealers save money.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, looks normal since it's still accelerating. My V10/tranny does the same.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have an Audi 2010 S5 and have owned it for two years. I have a hesitation issue since day one. I was told it was characteristic of an Audi. It occurs at random speeds in all sorts of road situations. I finally went to dealer to get an explanation. When I try to accelerate at times, it hesitates for a second. The dealer drove it and duplicated the issue. He explained to his mechanics "it was like the car fell down on its face" The dealer had the car for a few days, no fix, not as known issue.

I feel unsafe at times. I can't trust it. Does anyone have this issue as described. Any solutions?

Jim

Originally Posted by bertonjo
Hi guys,

Just got an email back from my local dealer saying that they tested it again
and came to the conclusion that this is normal behaviour of the gear box!
It is according to them no hidden mechanical or technical problem. It is the
programation of the box as protection for the automatic transmission.
I'm advised to consider this as correct and leave it as it is.

I'm having a mixed fealing about this..... I don't know anymore.
It is very annoying that the car still does it. The question is why the car didn't do it in the beginning? Why it doesn't do it all the time in 'comfort' mode?
If i try to duplicate it by changing gear manually via the flippers, it doesnt do it at all. it just shifts to fifth and increases in rpm without falling back.
Is in these cases the gearbox not protected ????

Is there anyone who can duplicate this on his S5 and see if this happens as well ? Some people have it, some people don't ....

I talked to my insurance company I few weeks ago and they assigned an expertise company. They gave me a call and on the 19th of april I have a meeting with them, my local dealer, D'ieteren and myself. Wonder wat is going to happen.... If they say it is normal behaviour, wonder what you can do than...

YouTube - Engine hesitation 3.mp4

See ya,
Bert
Old 10-02-2023, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bertonjo
Hi guys,

I just picked up my S5(2010) again from my audi dealer cause I complaint a few months ago about an hesitation of the engine at lower speeds.
When I'm driving 120km/h and I reduce to 90km/h, if i want to accelerate again while it still was automatically still in 6th, it went autom. back to 5th gear for the acceleration. But then when it reaches around 2800rpm it falls back to 2600rpm while the increments on speed indicator show a constant increase. You can hear it as well !
I reported it a few months ago and handed it in already 4 times at my audi dealer. Today they took it to d'ieteren where they had a look at it.
Result, they couldn't find anything!!! So they closed the file and that's it, i have to live with it. Only when they get more complaints, audi will put engineers on the problem to solve it.....

Does anyone else have that problem as well?
What to do? contact audi in Ingolstadt???

Atteched is a link to a small movie I made :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvh8SaSIg8

Thx,
Bert
I know i’m over a decade late but just for any future visitors, im pretty sure this is normal behavior, it’s just how the transmissions are built and with it having a torque converter that’s just it doing it’s thing i’m pretty sure””