Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Extreme issues. Need help immediately

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme issues. Need help immediately

I have a 2013 Audi s5 cabriolet with 96000 Miles. I bought it used at 61000 miles. Shortly after purchasing it I noticed when reversing that more times than not, I would have to press the pedal almost all the way down to get it to move. I took it to a few mechanics, but it would never give them trouble. A few weeks ago the TPSM symbol came up but went away shortly after. Over the weekend I went to the store and when I came out and tried to start my car, all of the lights would flicker on and then they would turn off and the engine didn’t start. The EPC light came on. A man jump started my car and when I got home I restarted it and everything was normal. Two days later I went out again and had the battery check and it was fully charged. When I started the car it didn’t start, the man at autozone couldn’t get it started with two different battery chargers and it finally started with a jump from a huge Ford F-350. An hour later I got a message saying that the tire pressure was low, so I took it too Goodyear and their was a nail in the tire. I drove it home and backed it into my drive way and I got a message saying transmission issue drive minimally. Has anyone had issues like this? Very concerning.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Codes codes codes.

Originally Posted by Hlbaudi
I have a 2013 Audi s5 cabriolet with 96000 Miles. I bought it used at 61000 miles. Shortly after purchasing it I noticed when reversing that more times than not, I would have to press the pedal almost all the way down to get it to move. I took it to a few mechanics, but it would never give them trouble. A few weeks ago the TPSM symbol came up but went away shortly after. Over the weekend I went to the store and when I came out and tried to start my car, all of the lights would flicker on and then they would turn off and the engine didn’t start. The EPC light came on. A man jump started my car and when I got home I restarted it and everything was normal. Two days later I went out again and had the battery check and it was fully charged. When I started the car it didn’t start, the man at autozone couldn’t get it started with two different battery chargers and it finally started with a jump from a huge Ford F-350. An hour later I got a message saying that the tire pressure was low, so I took it too Goodyear and their was a nail in the tire. I drove it home and backed it into my drive way and I got a message saying transmission issue drive minimally. Has anyone had issues like this? Very concerning.
Use VCDS or get a dealer or indi to check it out.
Lone thing...a bad or undervoktage battery or bad alternator leading to same can cause all kinds of gremlins.
Additionally, flooded cars that have been dried out or rehabbed never really work out in the long run. I would never buy a used audi without a long term warranty...