Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Finally Here - 2011 S5 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:52 PM
CSB
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Here - 2011 S5 Cab

After waiting 3 long months, She is finally here. Still in her pajamas. Should be unwrapped and read for delivery tomorrow. Will post some pictures once I have them. Planning on some Vag-Com mods when I find someone locally in Greensboro, NC that can do them.
Attached Images   
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

The wait must have been especially tough during the summer when you are waiting for a Cab. Lots of good days still to come to enjoy the open air driving. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey CSB, our cars must've arrived on the same boat and maybe even truck. Got a call from my dealer this morning on my way in to work. Mine arrived yesterday as well he says and is getting prepped. Should be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon, or maybe the following day. I'll try to pick it up this week or maybe early next week, God willing. Wasn't expecting it this early since they told me the 6th, so I took a little vacation.

Glad to see a local guy.... I'm in the Raleigh area. Maybe we'll meet up some day. If you find somebody with vag com, could you let me know? I'd like to get a couple of things done as well, and I won't mind going to Greensboro to have it done. I'll let you know as well if I find somebody once I get the car.

Congrats and enjoy the new ride. I'll create a thread and post pix once I pick it up. I can't get my stupid dealer to send me pix of it as it is right now. He says it's in the shop. Like I care that it's in the shop. But oh well. ^_^
Old 08-24-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CSB
After waiting 3 long months, She is finally here. Still in her pajamas. Should be unwrapped and read for delivery tomorrow. Will post some pictures once I have them. Planning on some Vag-Com mods when I find someone locally in Greensboro, NC that can do them.
My salesman sent me the same kind of pics! Congratulations!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruairi
The wait must have been especially tough during the summer when you are waiting for a Cab. Lots of good days still to come to enjoy the open air driving. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
I picked mine up in the middle of December! I live in Ohio. Talk about anxiety!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congratulations, only 3 long mths, I,ve almost finished my 6 month, still waiting seems the dealer i have here in Montreal doesn,t know how to input an order, this is my first Audi and it will be my last, I will never wait this long again for a car.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by butarctic
Congratulations, only 3 long mths, I,ve almost finished my 6 month, still waiting seems the dealer i have here in Montreal doesn,t know how to input an order, this is my first Audi and it will be my last, I will never wait this long again for a car.
Holy... Why so long? Dude, you need to go to another dealer man.
I ordered mine in mid June, and it arrived yesterday. Picking it up tomorrow God willing. Took 2months and change.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by butarctic
I think your order never went through, I would double check just to make sure. Did they give you some confirmation number? Or maybe they sold your car to a higher bidder and re-order, maybe someone who paid in cash.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM
CSB
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up the car tonight. My 10 year old son was almost more excited then I was. Initial impression is "well worth the wait". Looks beautiful. And drives even better. I think I already like the V6T with S-tronic better than my previous S4 4.2 V8 with 6MT. Will try to get some more pics tomorrow. Not an R8 Spyder but Ironman seems to be pleased.
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just dropped my kid off at Guilford last week, so if you see a blue 2011 S5 Cab around town someday, it's probably me visiting.

Quick Reply: Finally Here - 2011 S5 Cab