Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Finally ordered a S5

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally ordered a S5

Hi everyone,

Been a lurker here for years. Been eyeing the S5 since it came out.....Finally ordered one yesterday:

Silver Metallic, Prem+, Auto, B & O, Nav., Sports Rear-Diff.

Was able to get the dealer to throw in Audi-Care for the deal. Even as a repeat customer, they were reluctant to come down form MSRP.....and I was too lazy to shop for a few hundred $$ savings.

Dealer gave me a commission no. and said will have a production date in 2-3 weeks. They are estimating arrive of the car here in Southern Cal. around Mid-February. To those whom have gone through this process, a couple of questions:

- How are the production slot allocated? And can we track it online directly?
- Does the time-line sounds about right? My salesman told me, it would normally be a little quicker, but Audi closes it's production over Christmas for 2 weeks.

Really looking forward to getting the car. And thanks to everyone in here with the treasure trove of knowledge....been a great read over the last couple of years.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order time to delivery....

I ordered an S5 from Audi Santa Ana because they had an allotment for one, but not yet built. I did this in the 2nd week of September. I was told that the car would probably be in port by mid-Dec and ready for pickup by Christmas or so. On the 15th of this month I was informed my car was at port and on the 21st I took delivery. I am very happy with my decision and truly enjoy driving it. Of course I am taking it a little easy the first 1000 miles but definitely not driving like the stereotypical "old person". I was not able to track the process online but my salesman, who is now at Audi Mission Viejo, kept me informed of everything and thus was never left wondering the status of the car.

Also, I offered $1,250 over invoice and that's exactly what I paid. No funny business and everything was very professionally handled.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I wish I had your salesman. It has been 4 weeks since I ordered and I have called him twice and he says no status. Going over there Friday, but it would be nice to have an update. You hear stories about Audi dealers messing around with customers if they get a better offer for the allocation slot.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The dealer knows what's going on all the time. I was told a week ago that my car was at the port waiting to be shipped. I was told that it was put on the ship on Sunday. My dealer has clout and is able to have it pulled and shipped to them earlier than normal. It was built 11/16 and they think it will arrive the week of 12/7 or earlier.

Enjoy!