Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

First dent

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First dent

Just had my neighbor point out my first dent. From someone opening their door, based in the size, shape and location. Passenger side door, about 2 inches in from the forward edge of the door, level with the S-line badge.

No paint missing, 2 inches long, 1/2 inch deep.

I am told that someone like dent wizards can fix this for $100 or so and it is an easy fix.

Anyone get something like this repaired in the past.

BTW I am amazed at how calm I have been about this. I must be mellowing with age.

Of course if I had seen this as it happened, I would have been in a different frame of mind.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

The first one always hurts the most!

Yes, a paintless dent repair service can fix this type of damage relatively easily and inexpensively. Most dealerships offer the service as well, albeit a sublet to their preferred PDR provider of choice.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hang in there. This is going to happen regardless of how careful we all are. If you expect it to happen over the life of the vehicle, the pain isn't so bad when it does happen. FWIW, my 2003 A4 went 4.5 years without a scratch or ding, then someone ran into it while parked and totaled it. Such is life in the big city.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My car was parked in front of a local Starbucks today, this dude openned his SUV door and slammed right to my car. The guy knew it and he acted like nothing happened and leave his door open againsted my car. I was super pissed!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default dent wizard

I had a bad dent on both sides of one of the body lines and it was repaired nicely
Old 06-07-2009, 09:16 PM
BBT
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah I got one too a couple of weeks ago -- shopping cart. Some airhead left the car unsecured on a windy day. I actually saw the cart hit my car from several hundred feet away.

A dent pro like service came by but couldn't repair it 100% because the metal in the door got stretched. Will take it to a body shop and get it done. I feel the pain but wasn't as upset as I have been in the past. It's just a car and it's not a lamborghini or aston martin. It's just a matter of time before some idiot dents your car.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just returned from Dent Wizard.

Prognosis is that it will be tough to fully repair (short of a big job which would involve repainting and clearcoating for $700).

For $129 they will do their best, if they get lucky, it will be perfect. But they anticipate 85% repair. If they can't do anything, they won't charge me.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Some dopey kid jumped on the hood of my TL a few years ago and dented it like crazy. I went to several body places and they told me 1200-1400 to replace it. To fix it was like 1000-1200.

I found a paintless dent repair place and they told me the same thing. It ended up looking amazing and to this day, I can't tell it ever happened.

Cost? 220 bucks
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hmm i know my audi dealership says the first dent repair is on them. Did you ever see if you dealership offers the same service?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sfive
Hmm i know my audi dealership says the first dent repair is on them. Did you ever see if you dealership offers the same service?
I just called. They chuckled.

Folks in Westchester get spoiled. We are left to fend for ourselves up here (Htfd metro area)

BTW Neighbor got his S4 back yesterday from dent wizard. They removed one dent completely and the other is almost invisible (you have to know where the dent was to find it.......black car).

I take mine in tomorrow morning. I will let you know how it comes out.

Quick Reply: First dent