Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated

Ordered My car May 29th. As of today I am still waiting for the car to get built. Dealer originally gave me an ETA of Early October. Im not to sure how Allocation and all that stuff works, But obviously the Dealer took me for a loop and kinda lead me to beleive they would have no troubles getting a car. I understand when they first came out they were extremly difficult to get and sometimes you had to wait 8-10 months, But I thought 3-4 months was the norm now. NOT 3-4 months to get a build date. Any of you guys experience anything like this?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Between 3 and 4 months is the usual wait. I have ordered my A5 on May 20th and took a delivery three months and one day later on August 21st...
Old 09-09-2010, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Have they given you updated dates? VIN#? Once the order is placed then it's only Audi's to screw up, not the dealership. I know it's frustrating..I went through this when I ordered my A4 (only took 3 months, but dealership never had the right ETA's for me).
Old 09-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
Have they given you updated dates? VIN#? Once the order is placed then it's only Audi's to screw up, not the dealership. I know it's frustrating..I went through this when I ordered my A4 (only took 3 months, but dealership never had the right ETA's for me).
Nope, no updated Dates and no VIN#!! I've got a Commission number and thats it. Everytime I talk or Email my Salesman he tells me it should be getting built soon or next build cycle.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thats strange. My dealer atleast gave me a print out of all the dates..build date, boat date, port date, ect.

Audi schedules the production pretty carefully way ahead of time, so these dates should be available. It not like they "try" to get it built, but then forget to and say "oh well, maybe next cycle we'll build it"
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
Thats strange. My dealer atleast gave me a print out of all the dates..build date, boat date, port date, ect.

Audi schedules the production pretty carefully way ahead of time, so these dates should be available. It not like they "try" to get it built, but then forget to and say "oh well, maybe next cycle we'll build it"
Yeah it is strange. I'm not sure if they don't have any allocation or what? But this sucks and I am getting sick of getting lead along and getting absoulutely no where with my car.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cuzzizzle
Yeah it is strange. I'm not sure if they don't have any allocation or what? But this sucks and I am getting sick of getting lead along and getting absoulutely no where with my car.
Ordered my car on 7/3 picking it up today. Would have been two weeks ago but the trucking company couldn't get off there butts. Thanks to Audi USA for getting on the shipper.
2011 S5 Cab Ibis/chocolate top. Tuscan/Black interior loaded. Carbon Fiber
Old 09-10-2010, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cuzzizzle
What kind of s5 are you looking for? You should be able to get one now, dealers have them in stock.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I know how you feel ordered early April was told July 1, then Aug 2 now wk of Oct 11 only recieved my commission# late July even though i asked the dealer for it probably 10 times, anyway when its all said and done Audi Canada and my dealer Niquet Auto just outside of Montreal can kiss my ***. Mine is a 2011 S5 Cab which will be stored Dec 1 for the winter so it will basically be a yr from the order when i will finally get to drive it.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like your dealer didn't have an allocation but sold you a line of BS.
If they had an allocation, you would have had a status update by now.

If I were you, I'd got to another dealer and hedge your bet by ordering another car there.

Quick Reply: Frustrated