Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the name of your dealer? where is at? Sounds like they are jerking you around, perhaps they didn't take you serious the first time or maybe they got the car and someone else came in with cash!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SantoDomingoS5
What's the name of your dealer? where is at? Sounds like they are jerking you around, perhaps they didn't take you serious the first time or maybe they got the car and someone else came in with cash!
Turner Audi in Kelowna, B.C. I emailed my salesman today to see if he has any updates for me, and if not I was ready to cancel my order and go order one from Vancouver. Luckily it has progressed now and it says "Production Stock" I'm not really to sure what that means? but I assume it will be getting built sometime shortly?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
It sounds like your dealer didn't have an allocation but sold you a line of BS.
If they had an allocation, you would have had a status update by now.

If I were you, I'd got to another dealer and hedge your bet by ordering another car there.
Yeah I think that is exactly what happened. The status is now Production Stock 09/16/2010..

What does the VIN# look like? how many digits etc.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cuzzizzle
... Luckily it has progressed now and it says "Production Stock" I'm not really to sure what that means? but I assume it will be getting built sometime shortly?
Here's some info on the status updates:

Originally Posted by Andrewaw
Hey, Tim Hayes, an awesome Audi Rep, posted this guide sometime last year. Should answer your questions

THERE IS NO NEED TO RUN A COM NUMBER EVERY OTHER DAY OR EVERY WEEK FOR THAT MATTER!

First and foremost. Allocation is granted on the 14-15th of every month. If your dealer is granted Allocation the system will automatically pull the order into the "Factory Order Bank" according to how the dealer has the order ranked in his system. If there are 5 orders he must rank them first through fifth.

Allocation is different for model line. For example a dealer can get 1 manual and 1 automatic. Same goes for the S5.

Once a car is in "Production stock" assume at least 30-40 days before it will go into the next status, which would be "Intransit from Factory" from there it will be another two weeks. At this point the vehicle will have a VIN# and will be submitted for customs clearance. When the vehicle arrives at your countries port of entry, (we have several in the US). It will be marked "Port Stock" From there it will either be trucked (2-10 days based on location)or railed and then trucked (14-17 days)

The next status is (you guessed it) Dealer Stock. This means, the dealer has the car in its inventory and it can be prepped and delivered to the customer...
Originally Posted by scottacus
Factory Order Bank is one step in the order process (it's not the order entry/tracking system itself, which is part of the AccessAudi website dealers have access to). A sold order will have a commission number as soon as it's put in the order system.

The steps are:
IS Order Bank - no allocation
Factory Order Bank - allocation, waiting to be pulled for production
Production Stock - In production
In Transit from Factory - waiting for a boat or on a boat
Port Stock - At port
In Transit Inland - On a train or truck to your dealer
Dealer Stock - At dealer, ready for delivery ...
Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
Here's some info on the status updates:
Thank You VERY muuch!!

That was very helpful and informantive, at least I now know my car is being built Hopefully on 09/16/2010 the status updates to Intransit from factory.