Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Had A5 Two Weeks - Mixed Feelings

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you find my disappointment funny. Says more about you than me mate.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't find your disappointment funny- just uncharacteristic. Nine times out of ten, when people's first posts on this forum are bashing a car and telling how much better another car is...they are trolls who don't even own an Audi and just want to start problems. Thats why I responded with sarcasm. If you do indeed own an A5 and feel that way about it, I hope it grows on you after some time driving it. If it does not, I hope you can find another suitable car that meets your needs. It's hard to compare a German luxury car to Fords, Hondas etc. I could find a car from one of those automakers with twice as many options for half the price. If you buy Audi, or BMW or whatever other luxury brand, you are buying great design, engineering, and driving experience.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for posting back. I really do have an A5 and am not a troll. I've had it a week and a day and every time I drive it I find something new to dislike.

On a more practical note, just how do you see out of the rear window when it's raining or has rained without a way to clear the window?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Rain-X

I'm sorry you don't like it too, but one wonders why you didn't evaluate/test drive more fully prior to purchase?

Originally Posted by Satcablemam
Thanks for posting back. I really do have an A5 and am not a troll. I've had it a week and a day and every time I drive it I find something new to dislike.

On a more practical note, just how do you see out of the rear window when it's raining or has rained without a way to clear the window?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have not found that to be a problem. But try RainX.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I test drove it as much as I could and it was sufficient. Unfortunately I couldn't make it rain and as I consider a rear wiper as standard as a steering wheel it never occurred to me that a very expensive car wouldn't have one. I mean come on why doesn't it? It's very difficult to know how a car is going to drive day to day from the limited drives you get at a dealership. It's only by doing so that you can really know. I'm just amazes that such a car is so poor in so may ways.

I already applied rain x and it doesn't do much to be honest.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am liking the A5 more and more. The ride is terrific and it's very comfortable. Acceleration is good, esp. in S mode.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do you really think it needs one. There are not many modern day coupes that have a rear wiper. I am thankful the a/s5 does not. It would just look ugly I think. I don't find it to be a problem and I have driven in rain so hard the front wipers don't work well.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well I have the sport back and not the coupe so I bought a saloon with a sporty twist in my mind. I do find it strange not to be able to see clearly through the rear view and maybe I'll adapt but after my first week it scares the **** out of me particularly when merging onto motorways in the dark.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Satcablemam
Well I have the sport back and not the coupe so I bought a saloon with a sporty twist in my mind. I do find it strange not to be able to see clearly through the rear view and maybe I'll adapt but after my first week it scares the **** out of me particularly when merging onto motorways in the dark.
Oh ok I see now. Well then I could see your problem.

Quick Reply: Had A5 Two Weeks - Mixed Feelings