Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Hard time deciding on the color! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alkivar
until you need a part repainted due to dent/damage. it is damn near impossible to repaint a part to match any pearl paint.
yea right. They can get it very close. You are not supposed to repaint a small area of the car anways. That's the reason why Audi will repaint the whole entire panel whenever something happens to the car. If you are talking about touching up then who care about that small tiny spot? If ppl look that close, they will see it anyways.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clutzie16
like someone here has said "black is not a color, its a full time job" so I am definitely not going with the brilliant black.
Actually, I said it's a part-time job, not full-time, so I still recommend it. But I recognize not everybody wants the commitment of a black car.

Deep Sea Blue would be nearly identical in upkeep to brilliant black, so don't choose it for reasons of lower maintenance. Somebody mentioned Phantom black, but it isn't available on the A5. From an upkeep standpoint, Quartz Gray or Ice Silver would be the best. I think the car looks great in Quartz, and I think it would work fine with the cinammon interior. You don't mention these colors as options, but they would look good.

I don't like this car in Aruba. Daytona does look great, but it's an expensive option. You could always go with what you know will work, Ibis.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I appreciate everyones help. Ive narrowed it down to the DSB or Ibis white, i agree that the meteor grey/cinnamon will look awful, hadnt thought about that, aruba blue is actually blah to me...going to the dealership tonight to make the decision, thanks again!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered the Ibis white with cinnamon leather thanks everyone for all your help!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go with dark colors for better contrast of the erothic LED dim lights!
I have a quartz gray and you can observe all curves of the body with this color.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had 4 silver cars in a row and agree it is the easiest to keep clean. But it is a color that becomes so generic. I had no intentions of getting a dark color, but I completely fell for my deep sea blue the first time I saw it. Even better with the light gray interior.
So far so good with the maintenance - even considering it has rained at least one day every weekend for the past 6 weeks that I have had the car.
I have to say that despite recent U.S. environmental regs. for using water based paints, the German paints are far superior to the Japanese products I have owned for the past 10 years, including my Infiniti's and my Lexus.
Additionally, I just got my clear bra installed today. I will never get a new car without doing the film.
If you intend on getting the film installed, I highly recommend you choose an installer that doesn't install a pre-cut kit but instead stretches the film and cuts custom with as few pieces as possible.
Sorry I got a little off topic, but just wanted to say I love the DSB and don't know how anyone can say that a blue like this can ever go out of style. Perhaps the Aruba or Sprint Blue's but definitely not Deep Sea Blue.

Good luck with your choice.

Originally Posted by A5-Liz
Deep sea blue, like black and other very dark colors, can be stunning but it definitely requires a lot of extra work to keep it looking good. It isn't just a matter of keeping it clean, but also keeping it free of swirls from washing and waxing which can be very obvious on a dark color.

Also, as mentioned above, dark blue doesn't age as well as other colors. My last car was dark blue. When I bought it in 1991 the color was very much in vogue. Then it went out of style for quite a few years and was just becoming popular again when I got rid of it in 2008! On the other hand, if you don't plan to keep the car more than a couple of years then this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just be sure you sell it before blue goes out of style again so you get the best price for it!