Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Help needed for S5 exhaust choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed for S5 exhaust choice

Hi everyone

First of all sorry if this has been discussed before.

I just bought a new S5 tiptronic few weeks ago and thinking of putting the non-res milltek system in.

I am a bit worried about possible drone noise (if any) at 2000-3000 rpm region.

Is the non-res too much for everyday driving?

All help and feedback appreciated.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to add, I am based in UK so we don't have many options here.

I think mainly AWE and Milltek of course.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anybody!?!? It's gotta be someone with an S5 tip and milltek out there!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have an RS4 will a res-milltek......amazing sound and very smooth acceleration.

Best of luck!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS4TO
I have an RS4 will a res-milltek......amazing sound and very smooth acceleration.

Best of luck!
Thank you. My problem is that I got S5 tip so no idea know how it will be. Anyway, I took one for the team so ordered one today and will see how it goes.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok ok!! I have ordered the Milltek non-res now for my S5 and will have it installed at my local Audi dealership early next week. Will update you with all the details soon.

Stay tuned...
Old 09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely let us know what you think. I'm leaning toward the same exhaust on my tip.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just to give you an update:

Everything has gone through with my order and I am having the Milltek non-res installed at my local dealer on Friday. Going to do a fair bit of town and out of town driving straight after so stay tuned...
Old 09-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello all

I finally managed to install the Milltek non-res at my local Audi dealer on Friday. The whole thing cost me around £735 which is around $1130. It was pretty smooth job and the car was ready in about an hour.

The exhaust itself looks a lot nicer and more distinguished than the stock.I took it for a long test drive right after with my mate who works at the dealership. As soon as I started the engine a big smile appeared on my face. The start up sound is much better. In fact it makes the stock exhaust seem awful.

We took the car out and I revved it up in all different modes. The sound is absolutely fantastic.

I was worried before installing the exhaust about two things; droning and exhaust being too loud for everyday driving. First of all, I cannot hear any droning inside the cabin at any rev level with window open up or down.

As for the sound, it is not over the top. Naturally it is louder than the stock but in a nice, civilised and classy manner that shows the full character of the V8 engine.

At the end of the day however, it all comes down to personal opinion. If you think the stock exhaust doesn't do it for you then go for the the non res milltek. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE RESONATED ONE! It is no different to the stock exhaust whatsoever.

I would not really rely on videos on-line as it doesn't give you a good indication. The best way is just to try it and I assure you that you will not regret it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm glad to hear that you found something that worked out for you. While I have decided not to get an aftermarket exhaust right now (budget is the primary reason), but I'm still considering it sometime in the new future.

At this point, I would consider getting either the Statis exhaust, as well as the Milltek non-res. I don't want a super loud exhaust, as it would **** off too many people, though I would want something that I could hear some more rumble and burble with the windows up.

Quick Reply: Help needed for S5 exhaust choice