Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

I want an Audi now! Please help me with my order??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want an Audi now! Please help me with my order??

Ok hello Audi owners - I want to order an A5 Cabriolet this week, but need some advice.

First, I have test driven the 2012 and 2013. When I test drove the 2013, I paired my Droid Razr to the vehicle and listened wirelessly to Pandora, iTunes etc. The salesman told me I would not be able to stream music wirelessly like this in the '12. Is he correct? I know the '12 had 2 SD card slots so that's a wireless option, but I have a lot of music, and love Pandora. So this is kinda key for my decision on which one to order.

Second, I am torn on colors. I know it's a personal preference but....I would like other's opinions.
I like Ice Silver Metallic and Moonlight Blue Metallic. On the 2013's silver I see online, all have either black or velvet beige interior.. has anyone seen the silver/beige combo? I would go with the upgraded leather but I read some negative comments about Audi beige. (get's dirty easily and denim stains them?) I was thinking Titanium Grey interior if I got the 2013. Ok, I am rambling - what are the best interiors for the silver and blue??? I saw blue/cinnamon online, looked pretty sweet.

Lastly, with the 2013's out, I would think I can get a better deal ordering the 2012. But, what's the general consensus? Are people really loving the 2013 changes or should I get the 2012? (the streaming music question may answer this for me).

THANK YOU all in advance, can't wait to hear opinions. I want this thing loaded up..my first Audi and I'm so excited. So S-line sounds like a must...?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the 2012 Look (not the 2013 look). It seems like you can get a good deal on the 2012.

Yes, there are 2 SD card slots on the 2012 if you get one with the MMI - that's better than the wireless streaming, because you are using pure "digital channel" from the SD card to the speakers (all digital channel and crystal clear sound). Wireless turns your signal to analog and can degrade the sound of your music. Do you like to hear low-quality music via wireless ?

Don't get beige .. gets dirty easily. Go for a darker color if you don't like wiping smudges and stuff.

Go for the 2012, because the 2013 'look' of the A5, A4, A6 are all very similar.. you can't easily distinguish one car from the other. The 2012 will have a unique look.

For color, go for what you feel like it. The darker color will be harder to clean. If you are lazy about cleaning your car, go for silver.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless the dollars are an issue -- and I think you'll be able to get a good deal on a 2012 at this point -- I'd say definitely go for the 2013! I think the looks are improved, the new interior touches are very nice, and the MMI is the next gen with Google Earth maps (awesome). Overall, you will notice the difference and the spend will be close. The new MMI is likely to have greater compatibility with a range of devices, but I'm guessing there. Can't say whether your dealer is giving you accurate info.

Colors are VERY personal. While all Audi colors are are nice, you'll need to make the decision based on your needs, habits, etc. Seems you're torn between dark and light on the exterior and interior. I'd say go with contrasting colors, so either Moonlight Blue exterior with beige interior, or Ice Silver exterior with black interior. Obviously, the latter will be far easier to keep clean looking, maintain, etc. FWIW, my S4's have been Ice Silver with black interiors -- I love the look, it's super easy to deal with, and it's a classic/timeless Audi combo. That said, if you are looking to stand out, there are many other ways I'd go.

Good luck with your decision. Any way you go, you'll love the car!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just saw the beige/brown interior on moonlight blue and I thought it was not a good match. I'd go with the light gray on that. Silver with beige never looked nice to me. The cover over the hidden top will be chocolate brown. I don't see that looking nice with the silver. I wouldn't recommend it.
Convertible interiors do get dirty fast. A light color will require more cleaning. I can take a damp rag, wipe the wind blocker and the grime on it is unbelievable. That same dirt is on your seating. The type of leather in the Audis deflects the heat pretty well. Don't be afraid of dark.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by perkbarb
...the '12 had 2 SD card slots...
Does the 2013 model (in the USA) not have the SD card slots?

I have a 2012 A5 and it has the SD card slots, and I play music from those all the time. I can't imagine not having those.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uroplatus
Does the 2013 model (in the USA) not have the SD card slots?

I have a 2012 A5 and it has the SD card slots, and I play music from those all the time. I can't imagine not having those.
No they still have the SD slots. The 2013 with NAV now also have the SIM slot for T-Mobile wireless in the middle of the SD slots.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Assuming you are US based, you cannot get Titanium Gray with the Cabriolet. It's available in all other A5 and in the Cabriolet in the rest of the world, just not in the US.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 78lion
Assuming you are US based, you cannot get Titanium Gray with the Cabriolet. It's available in all other A5 and in the Cabriolet in the rest of the world, just not in the US.
Actually the gray seats are available for the first time for 2013 in the USA
Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JGA5Cab
Actually the gray seats are available for the first time for 2013 in the USA
Gray seats yes, but they are the same Light Gray seats that they had last year. Titanium Gray is not available on the Cabriolet. I just placed an order for an A5 Cab for my better half and was told specifically that titanium gray is not an option. Almost didn't place the order because titanium gray was what she wanted.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 78lion
Gray seats yes, but they are the same Light Gray seats that they had last year. Titanium Gray is not available on the Cabriolet. I just placed an order for an A5 Cab for my better half and was told specifically that titanium gray is not an option. Almost didn't place the order because titanium gray was what she wanted.
I just looked a second time at the brochure and they call the leather TITANIUM. They show it in the perforated "comfort" seating. Maybe it's a color combination conflict.

My salesman sent the Order Guide and it shows that the gray seats are available with all colors.

Quick Reply: I want an Audi now! Please help me with my order??