Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

iPhone phonebook upload issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will try with Audi next week to fix

Hello,

thanks for the message.
Have an appointment with Audi next week will try to fix
by reinstalling the SW for MMI.
See what happens.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Kinda drastic, but I hope you have good luck - please followup with whatever you find. I was on the road for ~28 hours last week and the lack of contacts during normal business hours was kind of a pain. I was able to use the phones interface to make calls, but obviouly not hands-free...
Old 05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
S4 Avant

I have the same issue on my A4 Allroad 3.0Tdi.
Have tried it all too. My iPhone4 is 5 days old and I am considering harakiri, cannot live without the MMI contacts display.
Why do some iPhone4 work ok and others do not on the same car?
Have contacted the Audi Importer and they said only 3G and 3GS are "officially supported".
Thanks for any help!
Filipe de Menezes
Old 05-20-2011, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can you provide the iOS version numbers for both the phones that do work and the phone that doesn't?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default iPhone issue fixed

Hi, just got my S5 back from the AUDI dealer.
The issue is fixed. They had to get a special update from AUDI.
Had to call a special AUDI service line while my car was in their shop. Then downloaded the update while the car was online in the shop. The update fixed the issue all functions are working now. Great job, thanks to Dan Clark of Continental AUDI in Naperville.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just had the same update done at Continental Audi and it fixed the issue. Thanks Dan.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Wow -- thanks!

I'm a brand new 2011 Q5 owner and was unable to DL my contacts from my iPhone 4. I asked my dealer, Audi of Huntington (Long Island, New York) but they had no answers. Nor did Audi USA or Verizon Wireless, my provider. I searched for weeks on the net until I found this thread.

Yesterday, I called Dan Clark at Continental Audi in Naperville, IL. He was unbelievably helpful, considering I'm over 700 miles away and not likely to ever become a Continental customer. He spent around 10 unrushed minutes with me, courteously explaining what I needed to do and even offering to step in if my dealer for any reason doesn't follow through. Audi should give this guy a medal for exemplary customer service.

I've got an appointment to have the ZUG update done at my Audi dealer next Friday and hope this will fix the problem. Regardless, this was really great customer service. Will follow up with results.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RoMeS5
Hi, just got my S5 back from the AUDI dealer.
The issue is fixed. They had to get a special update from AUDI.
Had to call a special AUDI service line while my car was in their shop. Then downloaded the update while the car was online in the shop. The update fixed the issue all functions are working now. Great job, thanks to Dan Clark of Continental AUDI in Naperville.
Could you give me any detail of what was done to get hold of this update? I'm in Washington and have been trying to find an MMI update since February to resolve this issue, any help would be appreciated
Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello,

Your AUDI dealer has to get the ZUG update directly from AUDI service either here in the US or from Germany.
To me it looked like the update was imstalled while the car was connected to their sytem.
Other wise call Shannon, Robin or Keith at Continental AUDI service in Naperville.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RoMeS5
Hello,

Your AUDI dealer has to get the ZUG update directly from AUDI service either here in the US or from Germany.
To me it looked like the update was imstalled while the car was connected to their sytem.
Other wise call Shannon, Robin or Keith at Continental AUDI service in Naperville.
Thanx RoMeS5, can't wait to get my S5 Cab sorted... haven an appointment tomorrow

Quick Reply: iPhone phonebook upload issue