Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

iPhone phonebook upload issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theron.roland
Thanx RoMeS5, can't wait to get my S5 Cab sorted... haven an appointment tomorrow
Problem solved, I love my S5 again.. yay
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just wanted to followup with another success story. I wanted to get the scoop on what to tell my dealer, so I called Continental Audi in Naperville and spoke with Dan Clark. I think he's been getting a few calls based on this thread, but it didn't stop him from patiently explaining what he had done for his local customer and how the issue had gotten resolved with a ZUG update. Although I'm ~850 miles away, Dan really went out of his way to be helpful - great guy and if you're in that area you should consider working with him to share in the good will...

Anyway, armed with his suggestions I called my local dealer in Apex, NC and set up an appointment that happened yesterday. The service tech called into the TAC, found that there was a TSB to reference and fixed the issue. I wasn't present at the time (was out cruising around in the free loaner Q5, or more likely at work...) and they didn't even need my phone for the repair. Obviously, when the update was complete and I came back to pick up my Q5, I paired the phone and all contacts, recent/missed call info, etc transferred right over.

Attached is a pic of the service invoice in case some of the info is helpful for anyone else.
Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2012, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Follow-up

After months of frustration, including bringing my car to Audi several times and them [I]insisting[I] that there is no ZUG update for my vehicle (even after getting on the phone with Continental Audi), I found a solution on another forum which worked for me:

Any entries in Outlook Contacts for international numbers that use prefix "+" instead of numbers must be converted to all numeric characters. For example, +43 rather than 01143. Apparently the brilliant programmers didn't foresee this discrepancy. As soon as I changed every single one of these prefixes my contacts started syncing.

Apparently other "errors" in Outlook Contact entries can also cause the same type of problem, e,g., email addresses in phone number fields.

Good luck!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

^ Case in point for why I no longer sync my Contacts to Outlook, but rather enter directly on my iPhone and backup to the iCloud. One day I'll be completely devoid of Microsoft! If I had a nickel for every hour of aggravation they've caused me over the years ....
Old 04-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone know the exact TSB number for this problem?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shpritz
In the .jpg that I posted, it looks like 2022800/2...
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by shpritz
Connect an iPod, choose the "Media" input option on the controls, now look at the main screen, if the option in the bottom left reads "control", you have the older fw, if it reads "manual" it's the new software
Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, does anyone know if this update is available in the uk? I have all these problem, spent ages deleting contacts to less than 500 and it's still made no difference.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Roadkilled
Hi, does anyone know if this update is available in the uk? I have all these problem, spent ages deleting contacts to less than 500 and it's still made no difference.
It has to be available yes, connect an iPod, go to media on your MMI and read on the screen what the bottom left control option says, if it says "control" it's the old firmware, if it says "manual" it's the newer (working) firmware - that's assuming your MMI is set to english
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by theron.roland
It has to be available yes, connect an iPod, go to media on your MMI and read on the screen what the bottom left control option says, if it says "control" it's the old firmware, if it says "manual" it's the newer (working) firmware - that's assuming your MMI is set to english
Hi,

I had my car back to the dealership a few times over this issue. Even with the newest software update they say Audi can provide the media screen says control. I resolved the problem by deleting as many contacts as possible and doing a restore through iTunes. The new firmware may have helped too.