Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Just Placed my 2013 S5 Order...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Placed my 2013 S5 Order...

dear fans of Audi, I will join the Audi Owners club as soon as I receive the delivery of my 2013 S5, probably late July or in August.

I have placed the order through a high-volume dealer, and the salesperson guaranteed that my car will be in the first batch they receive. I work for an Audi supplier company, so we agreed on the supplier price, which is 94% of the MSRP. (any comments? this will be around invoice plus $500~$1000)

Here is my configuration, as I still have time to make changes, I would appreciate any feedback:

8T354Y -- quattro s tronic
WPT -- prestige package

PDU -- sports differential
PQ6 -- 19" wheels
3Y2 -- Power rear window sunshade
5MZ -- Stainless stell mesh inlays

0LM -- california emission requirement
6W3 -- front license holder

2Y2Y - Glacier Metallic White exterior
SU - Black / Lunar Silver interior/seats
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

That sounds great! I'll bet you can't wait to take delivery.

I'm thinking of ordering close to the same less the power sunshade and going for the Volcano Red.

Good price... MSRP - 6% is the deal I am looking for.

The only think putting me off the S5 are the inlays. I'd really rather have a nice dark walnut. If I can find a dealer willing to accept my offer, I'm planning to see if they can get Audi to do a special build with the wood.

Is it just me, or is it funny they don't offer wood any longer on the S?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by joshds

WPT -- prestige package

PQ6 -- 19" wheels

Hi, looks like a nice car. I would very strongly recommend adding the full Audi Drive Select instead of just adding the sports differential. When I ordered my S5 Cab they had one come in that did not have the sports differential (before mine was due to land) and test drove it. I would not have taken the car without it. It makes such a difference in the way the car handles and responds.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DavidRS4
Hi, looks like a nice car. I would very strongly recommend adding the full Audi Drive Select instead of just adding the sports differential. When I ordered my S5 Cab they had one come in that did not have the sports differential (before mine was due to land) and test drove it. I would not have taken the car without it. It makes such a difference in the way the car handles and responds.
hey David, the option I added has sports differential + drive select. There is one more option which includes the drive select, which is the "driver assist package" and it comes with dynamic steering + adaptive cruise control and no sports differential. I think the package I added is the one you were referring to?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TRCarbone

I'm thinking of ordering close to the same less the power sunshade and going for the Volcano Red.

The only think putting me off the S5 are the inlays. I'd really rather have a nice dark walnut. If I can find a dealer willing to accept my offer, I'm planning to see if they can get Audi to do a special build with the wood.

you got it right, can't wait

yeah they only have the default aluminum or carbon atlas or stainless steel options for 2013. I personally wouldn't want to have wooden inlays in my car, it's a manner of personal taste i believe, but i feel like wood kills the sportiness of the car.

is there a specific reason why you don't want the power sunshade, expect for saving ~$300? (which is still a valid reason, but just curios, doesn't it look like a useful option?)

i would also go for front license plate fillers, but I live near San Francisco and I heard that SFPD doesn't go well along with no front plates
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRCarbone

They do offer wood, it's just piano black when you get the SS inserts on the doors.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

dear fans of Audi, I will join the Audi Owners club as soon as I receive the delivery of my 2013 S5, probably late July or in August.

I have placed the order through a high-volume dealer, and the salesperson guaranteed that my car will be in the first batch they receive. I work for an Audi supplier company, so we agreed on the supplier price, which is 94% of the MSRP. (any comments? this will be around invoice plus $500~$1000)

Here is my configuration, as I still have time to make changes, I would appreciate any feedback:

WPT -- prestige package

PQ6 -- 19" wheels

When did they estimate the first batch of '13 S5 (including yours then) to to arrive at the dealership/delivered to you?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Schumi_Tampa
When did they estimate the first batch of '13 S5 (including yours then) to to arrive at the dealership/delivered to you?
My dealer told me to give it 4 months, which is mid-August. But another dealer quoted the end of July. But as usual, this depends on the factory and can be delivered sooner or later.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer told me to give it 4 months, which is mid-August. But another dealer quoted the end of July. But as usual, this depends on the factory and can be delivered sooner or later.
Hmmm... what is the cut-off for S-car ED pickup? I know you can't take delivery of cars with summer tires during the winter months. I'm trying to figure out my schedule for an S5 ED, might have to push it until 2013...
Old 04-19-2012, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the_dixie_flatline
Hmmm... what is the cut-off for S-car ED pickup? I know you can't take delivery of cars with summer tires during the winter months. I'm trying to figure out my schedule for an S5 ED, might have to push it until 2013...
My dealer said July-August build for ED.