Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Looking to get a S5. Delivery time

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get a S5. Delivery time

I'm in the NYC area and talked with the dealer by the West Side highway - his best quote on delivery would be by Feb. 2010. Is that reasonable? I know there is the two week Dec. vacation coming up.

The car I am looking at is a DSB/TB S5 prestige with the tri-spoke wheels.

Debating on the Carbon Fiber inlays but will probably get due to the clean look it adds

In terms of extras that i am on the fence about
  • Audi Drive Select - is it worth it??
  • Driver Assist Package - no, i feel it is a waste of money to be told i am going out of a lane
  • Rear differential - will I really be able to tell the change
Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey prhime,

This delay is pretty standard since the factory will be closed for Christmas and New Year.

I've ordered mine back in September and it should arrive in NC mid-November.

I also ordered a Prestige package (A5 though) with the Driver Assist package. I did not select this package for the side sensors but because of the back-up camera which is only included in this package. It was an necessary option for me.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prhime

• Driver Assist Package - no, i feel it is a waste of money to be told i am going out of a lane
The Driver Assist package doesn't notify you if you are drifting from your lane. It notifies you if a car is in your blind spot. Normally I would agree that it is an unneeded option, but I'm fairly sure that you need to get Driver Assist in order to get the backup camera with the Prestige package.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, I miss-spoke on that lane/blind spot. I think I will end up adding it due to the backup camera.

I plan on checking out a couple audi dealers this weekend - Audi of Huntington and a couple in the NJ area to see what they have/say.

I can "settle" for an 09 but the price difference would need to be there in order for me to "settle" since I have the me-wanta-now problem
Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi prhime! That's a great color combo. I'm expecting the same coming in the next two weeks.

I did choose to add drive select and side assist for the following reasons:

-test drove an S5 without drive select and found the ride to be a bit harsh. based on some posts i read on the forum, the 'comfort' setting of drive select should soften the ride a bit.
-side assist was mainly for the rear camera as others have said.

If you can find a dealer that has unsold allocation that still hasn't been built yet, then you could ask them to change the order to your specs and get the car almost two months sooner. Just ask around.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i'm jealous just reading your signature. I went to the dealer yesterday and spent an hour just talking with them and looking at the cars. never saw an r8 in the black-cherry color..end drool

i am putting a list of all the dealers in the tri-state area and calling around today.

just sent you a pm as well jakko.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jakko
That's a great color combo. I'm expecting the same coming in the next two weeks.
I'm so glad to see other sophisticated people have had the good taste to order deep sea blue and tuscan brown. I have an S5 Cab on order with this color combination (due to the dealer the week of November 9 in time for my anniversary).
Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by prhime
I'm in the NYC area and talked with the dealer by the West Side highway - his best quote on delivery would be by Feb. 2010. Is that reasonable? I know there is the two week Dec. vacation coming up.

Debating on the Carbon Fiber inlays but will probably get due to the clean look it adds

I bought my 06 A4 from that dealer a few years back...

ADS - I say skip it. It's nice sometimes, but if its just a daily driver, then its going to become a gimmick you show your friends but never really use much.

Driver Assist - Not crucial to get...but it has saved me on a couple of occassions when someone was in my blind spot. It gets more false positives then false negatives.

Rear differential - Never had one. I hear it is worth it though.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I say get the Audi Drive Select, there isn't that many times you will be using it but just like Sport mode, there are times you will hate yourself for not having it. Anyways, it's like having a car with different personality. Rear differential is a MUST. I have heard great things about it. If you have gone this far with all that option then Driver Assist is like a ribbon you will definitely put in yourself just to make the car fully loaded.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

driver assist has moved into the must since that adds the back-up camera. I've been parking without out one for most of my driving life but recently have been using a 4runner with the camera and the thing is a great treat.

Still split between just getting the audi drive select or the rear diff by itself.- > if i am going to put in the order. hard to tell because no one i've called so far has either in stock to drive.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a S5. Delivery time