Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Making dvd to play video files in 2009 audi s5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making dvd to play video files in 2009 audi s5?

Ok so i got MMI 3G with hdd, dvd player, 2 ssd slots and joystick on mmi ****. However i havent managed to get a dvd to work in there. I tried googling and still unsure what settings/dvd i need to use. I've managed to get the audio work but never an actual video.

Can someone explain it which resolution and format these video files have to be?

Thanks.

EDIT: Got it to work!

Ok, most of the info i googled suggested resolution and different file formats etc, forget all about that. What you need to do is make a similar copy to original video dvd disc. What i used to convert video files into dvd video files was a program called DVD Flick. When you converted any video file then you ended up with 2 folders, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

Now once i had the correct files i used Nero 15 to burn DVD-Video (from left) and start "new". Once you started a new "burn" it accepts only VIDEO_TS folder files, so i simply dragged the folder into new Nero 15 dvd-video and it automatically put the files under VIDEO_TS in Nero. After that i clicked burn and it worked like a charm.

I didn't change any resolution or formats from avi to mp4 or frames or bitrates and it worked just fine. Hope this helps someone else.

DVD-R and DVD+R both worked.

Last edited by Ixxe; 01-15-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:19 AM
Egd
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought a 2009 A5 this week in France, and was wondering how to play video files by dvd too...Original DVDs play well, but I didn't manage to play burned DVDs i made with freemake (same as DVD Flick) and burned with Nero15. I use DVD+R TDK, but MMI says "Unreadable". Is there any other trick you forgot to mention?
Old 01-22-2015, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Just a general comment…try a different brand blank DVD.

Originally Posted by Egd
I bought a 2009 A5 this week in France, and was wondering how to play video files by dvd too...Original DVDs play well, but I didn't manage to play burned DVDs i made with freemake (same as DVD Flick) and burned with Nero15. I use DVD+R TDK, but MMI says "Unreadable". Is there any other trick you forgot to mention?
My iMac SuperDrive isn't so super with anything other than Apple blank DVDs. It won't burn a readable DVD otherwise.
If I have to burn something I dump it to a flash drive and burn it with a PC DVD burner. Even the PC will urp with some brands.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Egd
Are you sure u burned the files from VIDEO_TS folder? Because you need to convert them to dvd files first, which end up in that folder. And then burn a dvd-video dvd. Btw instead of DVD Flick i'm using now AVS Video Converter (had to download from torrents). Apparantly when you convert dvd files you cant fast forward or select next track, AVS lets you put different "chapters" and you can skip between those to somewhat forward or select track.

Btw i think with dvd flick there came also a burning program, search under run "burn" and see if you got "Free DVD Video Burner", that works well for me aswell and you dont even have to select the type of dvd on it.

You need to have .vob and .bup files what you end up with in VIDEO_TS, those are correct ones but burn everything in the folder.

Unreadable refers usually to burning problems, when it doesn't recognize files it simply says no playable data found or something like that. I Had that unreadable error when i burned with windows burner but nero 15 worked for me, just try different burning programs.

Last edited by Ixxe; 01-23-2015 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:18 AM
Egd
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Ixxe
Are you sure u burned the files from VIDEO_TS folder? Because you need to convert them to dvd files first, which end up in that folder. And then burn a dvd-video dvd. Btw instead of DVD Flick i'm using now AVS Video Converter (had to download from torrents). Apparantly when you convert dvd files you cant fast forward or select next track, AVS lets you put different "chapters" and you can skip between those to somewhat forward or select track.

Btw i think with dvd flick there came also a burning program, search under run "burn" and see if you got "Free DVD Video Burner", that works well for me aswell and you dont even have to select the type of dvd on it.

You need to have .vob and .bup files what you end up with in VIDEO_TS, those are correct ones but burn everything in the folder.

Unreadable refers usually to burning problems, when it doesn't recognize files it simply says no playable data found or something like that. I Had that unreadable error when i burned with windows burner but nero 15 worked for me, just try different burning programs.
I finally managed to burn one readable with DVD Flick but no other program.
I did everything well with VIDEO_TS and all other stuff but kept unreadable when burned with Nero. After many tries, i suspect the video format to be responsible. Seems that the PAL is not supported compared to NTSC (which is choosable in Flick). Had to try some other settings, but my dvd stack reach his end lol.