Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Man my new S5 gets a lot of attention!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lesliegolf67
It was like I was a moving planet on the freeway and he was orbiting around me.
LOL......and I was thinking a lot of people were just driving really badly lately speeding up, slowing down, over and over!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lesliegolf67
One guy had to check it out from all angles. It was like I was a moving planet on the freeway and he was orbiting around me.
Mine is an A5 S-Line, but I get that same thing a couple times per week, with certain cars orbiting around me on the highway, as if they need to look at all angles.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahaha. Wife got jealous, eh? Next time the cop makes her rounds, you can do naught stuff in the S5 if you got tint ... haha.

Originally Posted by Mike182
I thought about that, however the wife was sitting on the side patio. She asked me after the cop left why I was talking to her for so long. I told her she was giving me neighborhood watch tips. Which was true. She was in my neighborhood, and I was watching!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike182
Every day while driving to and from work, my Ibis white S5 gets tons of looks! Car guys rubbernecking, BMW drivers suddenly going from cruise mode to, " see what mine can do" mode. Girls waving and staring. It's like I have a sign on it that says "Free Beer" ! Had a lady in a new CLS 550 beside me on the freeway today telling me she loved my car!

Even had a lady cop cruising the neighborhood tonight stop and ask me about my car. She asked if I was waxing it and just explained that I wipe it down with speed shine every night. We chatted for about 15 minutes about it. She was quite easy on the eyes too!

I've had 911's, Corvettes, M3's, and the latest car was a Mercedes C55 AMG, and none got the looks and thumbs up this one does. Of course those other cars are a dime a dozen out here in LA., and the S5 just has that "look".

Anyone else getting the same reaction with their pride and joy?

Ever heard a song by the Temptations . . .

. . . Just my Imagination . . .

Seeing how the S5 design is quite old, so old that it needed a refresh for 13, I can't believe that everyone is not very, very familiar with it. I wish it was the thumb people were holding up to me. Oh well, I can pretend that that middle finger is a "thumbs up."
Old 07-29-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ayap
Hahaha. Wife got jealous, eh? Next time the cop makes her rounds, you can do naught stuff in the S5 if you got tint ... haha.
Just had tint put on Friday!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4iner
Ever heard a song by the Temptations . . .

. . . Just my Imagination . . .

Seeing how the S5 design is quite old, so old that it needed a refresh for 13, I can't believe that everyone is not very, very familiar with it. I wish it was the thumb people were holding up to me. Oh well, I can pretend that that middle finger is a "thumbs up."
Well I guess a 4 yr old design is quite old, but you still don't see that many on the road, even here in LA. Maybe it's because every other car out here is a Beemer or Mercedes, and folks are tired of seeing them, and prefer a fresh face in the crowd.
No middle fingers yet, so I must not be pissing anybody off.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

People actually comment on my car pretty regularly even still. I've had it two and a half years. Just yesterday a guy started talking to me from his Lexus at a stop light. Light turned and he was still chatting away. Had to politely say have a nice day and drive off.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just picked up the new 2013 S5 last thursday and already getting a lot of looks...granted I live in the midwest so Audi's are more rare but even my M3 didn't get this much attention.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jamesc1025
Just picked up the new 2013 S5 last thursday and already getting a lot of looks...granted I live in the midwest so Audi's are more rare but even my M3 didn't get this much attention.
Congrats on your new S5! And welcome to the forum!

Post pics!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OP, I agree with your observation with the A5/S5 getting a lot of looks.

I am in the process of deciding a new vehicle. In the running is a new M3 coupe, S4 (4-door convenience) or S5. To be honest, the M3 is my first choice as I like the overall package. Yes I know, the RS5 is the direct competitor to the M3 but with limited allocation and cars selling at MSRP it is off my list (for now). My wife and I recently agreed to a deal on a MY13 Q5 3.0T. During the process I had mentioned my interest in replacing my car. The dealer offered me an extended (i.e. 24 hr) test drive. I picked it up yesterday, being a MY13 A5 black/black w/o the S-Line trim. This was get a sense of the overall car and packing. Not that it is a primary factor for me but the amount of attention this car drew as incredible. People at my health club came out and said "wow, what a nice looking car".

The car will be returned today and most likely I'll agree to a deal for a MY13 S5 with most of the toys. Hard part is the color combination.

Quick Reply: Man my new S5 gets a lot of attention!