Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Man my new S5 gets a lot of attention!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7 months until my S5.....
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My S5 does the same thing. I read and ask...it's designed that way to reduce pressure when closing the door. Once the door is closed the window moves up slightly for a better seal/fit.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't I need the tube to put that in? I don't see that in the engine bay.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Madlife5
My S5 is all blacked out with deep dish black rims (soon to be black conclaves) and she gets a crap load of attention! Here's a list of some of the the things I see:
-At the gas station- 8 times out of 10 someone compliments me on the car.
-At front of the line at a red light- people turning into my direction can't not stare.
-I've often come out into parking lots to find high schoolers taking pics and greet me as a super hero when I walk in and they realize it's my car.
-Girls at bars walk up to me and say "hi, I really like your car" (no kidding)
-Girls smiling and waving as we drive along (I think I'm a good looking guy and all but I'm pretty sure the car gets most of the credit for those..haha)
-Lady friend comments "you sure do get a lot of looks in this car, don't you?!" (I'm that way that us guys know exactly what she really means)
-My absolute favorite though; is the thumbs up from other Audi drivers especially, but also from others- from sport cars to minivans. Especially when they speed up to me just so they can give me he thumbs up. Awesome. I totally do that for other cars Ii see on the road that I like too.

Buyer beware, purchasing the S5 may make you the recipient of many complements, and stares of adoration! Girlfriends and wives might not like you driving this
Oh yeah! And I love how traffic in front of me scamper to the right lanes when I come up behing them. I must look fast, or intimidating or something. .
Whaaaaaaaat? No pic's? C'mon...we are all dying to see it!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Longwolf (Christian)
Wouldn't I need the tube to put that in? I don't see that in the engine bay.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x438/Zo0mie/Mods/

There is a black plastic piece here, pull it straight out. This is where the stealership sucks out the oil.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've had my 2012 S5 Cabrio for 3 months and its kind of crazy all the looks and comments I get. I keep the top down most of the time when its parked and people are always walking up to it to check it out.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know why Audi skip on the dipstick .. just cost cutting where we can't see em - cheap bastards

Aside from that .. this car turns heads. Two of my male co-workers already beg about borrowing my car ... Oh nnooooo way !

Originally Posted by Longwolf (Christian)
I want a dipstick! More info please.

Last edited by ayap; 08-24-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the attention my S5 is getting and my co-workers wanting to borrow it, red-neck men staring that scared my wife when we went to Tennessee, I really don't know how to handle the attention if I own an R8.

There are second-hand R8 4.2 in the $88K-$98K with less than 20K miles. And financially, I could afford to buy one of those. But the thought of people
giving it attention, including cops looking at the R8 when you're driving ...
I don't think I'm ready for that attention.

My dealer said that one S5 owner was followed to his house. The guy following him just wanted to ask a bunch of questions ... kinda scary.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine gets looks all the time... especially when it's waxed. Or if I'm driving around where people are walking. It's just all kinds of beautiful.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A6S4
Whaaaaaaaat? No pic's? C'mon...we are all dying to see it!
Here are a few pics. From my original post, I have since installed the 20X10 concaves (from 20X10 deep dish style) and went back to chrome trims- had them blacked out. Future mods include RS5 grille, body kit and some performance mods later down the road. AWE track exhaust already installed- still loving the sound!

Quick Reply: Man my new S5 gets a lot of attention!