Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

which mats in the summer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
I always switch back to the carpeted mats after the winter. Although the Weather-tech floor liners do a great job of keeping the carpet clean during the winter, I prefer the carpeted mats during the summer because they feel more comfortable under my feet.

+1
Old 05-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny1
Where would one acquire a set of these?
These were hard to find! Years ago Audi must have licensed their logo, as I had no problems.

Minor problem: Trying to order via their website. Their website is mainly German. There is a small British flag in the upper right that helps a lot.

They do not list the S5 in their options for logos.

Also, they only take Paypal. (so I signed up for Paypal after all these years)

The best way to order is to contact them via email (or in their "contact" box) and just get the order going via email. Everything went smooth after this.

Shipping: This is a little concerning, but turned out fine. They shipped via some carrier that could not figure out how to ship to the US, so after a couple weeks they returned it to the vendor. Then they shipped via DHL. DHL, while claiming to be global, really isn't with respect to tracking. But it did show up.

The only negative on this was the packaging. The floor mats were folded into a box that was too small, and came out rather creased in a couple locations. With time and a little work they are perfect now. The box had a big cut in the end, but luckily did not impact the mats. (In contrast, Lloyds mats ship in a nice flat box. But no Audi logos on Lloyds for some reason)

By the way, the attachment system is the same as the stock AUDI, and fits perfectly.

Here is their link:
gestickte Fussmatten für Autos von Audi bis VW, passform 100% Fussmatten nach Wunsch

Cost: This is what they quoted me. I think the velour was a little thicker than average (but not much different than stock). I have no idea what the 10 euro special request was for, but by then I was starting to find it a little comical. In retrospect, I would not have ordered rear mats. One neat feature, however, is that the little footlights that light up the floor in the back really highlight the logos.

Full amount: car floor mats incl. embroidery 59 € + velour 18 € +
shipping 35+ special request 10€= 122 €