Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

McKenna Audi in So Cal - $10000 Markup on Stripped A5

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McKenna crooked all the way

Even the McKenna BMW dealer is rotten to the core.

Must be a family criminal enterprise.

Why are so many Audi and BMW dealers terrible?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrote my story to Danny McKenna and he nor anyone else ever replied back.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A savy dealer will know to give everyone a chance.

This isn't the 1930's where everyone walks around the streets in a suite and tie. I have many customers who look like garbage, but they spend big bucks. Although the odds aren't always there, sometimes you get something good out of the scruffy ones. My experiences have shown giving everyone a chance lends to more sales in the end. If you don't want to work for it, you lose out. So I conclude the staff at McKenna has a low work ethic.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default This is What i expected...

I didn't say I wouldn't buy a car from them because they didn't let me sit in the R8, what I said was the way they judged me by the clothes I wore on that particular day makes me not want to do any business with them. Im a 35 year old professional also, just had on sweats for goodness sake...maybe he should have looked a little closer and saw the Rolex on my wrist, maybe then I would have been worthy enough to warrent a little more respect.

So the answer to your question of what I expected was I expected respect from a dealer that wants me to purchase a $50,000 car from him.

All he had to do was take a little bit of time, engage me in conversation, tell me what they only allow people serious about buying the R8 to get into it etc, and then i would have divulged to him that I was in the market for an A5, then he would have showed me the white one that was marked up $10k and then I would have laughed and went from there....point is he would have had a shot at my business.

Secondly, this is So Cal, there are a lot of wealthy people that like to look as you call it "street", the guy next to you looking like a tattooed skater punk may be a millionaire skater or actor or UFC fighter.

Point is, it doesnt matter what I was wearing, him bull****ting me about the car being sold when it wasn't was wrong and showed me he has no integrity.

One of my good friends dresses in cargo shorts, volcom shirts and Vans every day and runs a million dollar merchandising company. He walked into 4 different Bentley dealers till one of them had a salesman that even approached him, when that happend he bought his Continental GT from that guy with cash.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Interesting topic.

Some studies have shown walking into a dealership with "poor" clothes on can help your negotiations. Other studies show you could be judged to have money if you are wearing nice things... and therefor nickle and dimed more. So in the end, I think it's just luck and a crap shot who you get and what happens.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If they find someone willing to pay it, why shouldn't they charge it?

No one's forcing you to pay their price, and if it sits on their showroom floor long enough it will come down in price.

Makes sense, no?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i think it depends on how superficial people are..

some people don't look at substance so much, they just judge people instantaneously....

someone who had a bit more 'depth' would first listen to how the person speaks, in what context they are asking questions, and judge how interested someone is by 'other' means not just clothes and hair..

let it be known, that some of THE richest people dress down in public...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:59 AM
ads
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default oh common Mr Mckenna, you dont have to post

on these forums! They are scum, end of story.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Re: McKenna Audi in So Cal - $10000 Markup on Stripped A5

I bought mine at McKenna Audi and must say that I had one of the most wonderful experience with my salesman. Did you ask about the vehicle in question? I actually went to McKenna after visiting 3 other Audi dealerships that had NO clue about the product or the people buying. I give McKenna Audi a thumbs up and hats off to their GM!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 AM

Default Re: oh common Mr Mckenna, you dont have to post

The funny part about ANYthing in life is that 1 bad experience tends to change someone's view on an entire subject. I've bought 3 cars from McKenna and was treated royally on each occassion. I've had the pleasure of dealing with different salesmen and they were as professional and courteous every time. Most of them know we can go anywhere to buy a car; I will ALWAYS buy from McKenna. Beautiful facility, great management team and GM, all the way down to the nice lady in the Quattro cafe!! Hats to McKenna Audi!!!

Quick Reply: McKenna Audi in So Cal - $10000 Markup on Stripped A5