Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Monza Silver or Ice Silver

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monza Silver or Ice Silver

Hi
I am a new member that just ordered a 2011 A5 S-Line in Ice Silver for European delivery. I like the Ice Silver but would like to be able to see a Monza Silver A5 also. I like the idea that Monza is just available with the S-Line. I asked my dealer to do a locate for Monza Silver A5's near NE Ohio but none showed up. I have a week and a half left for making color changes and I could sure use some advice. Any pictures or description of Monza Silver would be a help or if you know of one I could drive and see near Northeast Ohio. Thank You
Old 08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bingjeep
Hi
I am a new member that just ordered a 2011 A5 S-Line in Ice Silver for European delivery. I like the Ice Silver but would like to be able to see a Monza Silver A5 also. I like the idea that Monza is just available with the S-Line. I asked my dealer to do a locate for Monza Silver A5's near NE Ohio but none showed up. I have a week and a half left for making color changes and I could sure use some advice. Any pictures or description of Monza Silver would be a help or if you know of one I could drive and see near Northeast Ohio. Thank You
monza silver is a shade darker than ice silver and a shade lighter than quartz grey.

Check out this thread: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthrea...488/index.html

Last edited by bbmaster; 08-16-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heavily considered Monza Silver because of its uniqueness and compared to Ice Silver, it looked so much better and more classy (to me). In the end, I chose Ibis White because it was my top choice. But, if I couldn't find white, I would have gone with Monza Silver.

In person, Monza Silver looks very unique. It's not a light silver, but it's not dark enough to be considered gray. It has some blueish tint to it. It looks really cool in person when it's out in the sun.

If your dealer couldn't find an A5 in Monza Silver, see if they could do a search for an A4 in Monza Silver. At least you would get to see the color in person and be able to make your choice.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ice Silver doesn't really work for the A5 (although it looks fine on the A4)...It somehow makes the car look too plain. Monza is a much nicer (not mention more original) color IMO.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

bingjeep,
Congrats on your new A5 order and European delivery...keep us posted on how that goes!

I've always appreciated darker colors (in my previous vehicles), and phantom black followed by grey were my first and second choices. When I saw a brand new Monza Silver yet to be unwrapped with all of the bells and whistles I was looking for - my decision was made right on the spot! The color has different qualities that can be appreciated during the day, and visibly at night. Audi's famous "tornado" lines along the side panels curve beautifully from headlamp to tail light, and you can see it very well with Monza Silver. Sorry, biased of course! The decision is all yours.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go with the Monza. I own it and think it's a beautiful color on the A5. Much more unique than the Ice silver that is similar to other autos out there. IMO darker colors look better on the A5. Monza and Quartz both look great.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I can't thank everybody enough for your opinions. It is a difficult decision and you have shed some valuable light on it. Based on the feedback I have received here I am leaning towards Monza Silver but still keeping the Ice Silver in the background. Ice Silver seems like a very nice color and a safe choice, meaning I would never be unhappy with it. I love Ibis White but my wife is very opposed to white, saying that it has no place on a sporty car. I disagree with her but want to make her happy none the less.

Again, thanks for your help and I hope to be able to contribute to this forum once I take delivery and become more familiar with the A5. I will certainly post pictures of my car when I take delivery of it in Ingolstadt.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here are some pics of my monza silver A5:

in the shade:

in the sun after washing it:

Old 08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monza for the uniqueness!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

I would have personally never gone with an A5 S-Line in Ice Silver. As someone else said, it looks pretty plain and IMO it doesn't look great with the darker Y-spoke wheels. I chose it in the S5 Cab because it looks great with the black soft top and Double-spoke wheels.

I saw Monza in person, and although it has a blue tint to it, it does look really nice on the A5 S-Line and is unique.

Quick Reply: Monza Silver or Ice Silver