Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

My S5 Arrived This Week!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My S5 Arrived This Week!

Ordered it on July 21st and it arrived on November 3rd.

It's a Premium Plus, Tiptronic, Monsoon Gray with Tuscan Brown interior. I was a little concerned that the Tuscan interior would not work with the Monsoon Gray exterior, but I like it. I've had a lot of black interiors so I wanted something different. Looks like, so far, the Monsoon Gray/Tuscan Brown combination isn't very common.

Here are a few pictures. My camera isn't very good so these pics are a little rough.
Attached Images      
Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AcuraToAudi
I was a little concerned that the Tuscan interior would not work with the Monsoon Gray exterior, but I like it.
Great looking combo!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great looking car, man. I just ordered my S5 this week in the same color combo. I did a slightly different mix (6 speed, carbon fiber, optional wheels) but I'm thrilled to see how good the Monsoon + Tuscan looks. Only 12 weeks left!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Classy

Really classy looking. Beautiful.
Congratulations on owning one of the finest cars in the world.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Very nice! Yes, Monsoon/Tuscan should work well. My car is Daytona/Tuscan and the colors are very complimentary. I also have the aluminum trim, and the combo looks very sharp.

Monsoon is really close to Daytona in certain lights. I've parked my car next to a Monsoon S5 at the dealership and can hardly tell the difference. Funny, Monsoon Gray looks a lot lighter in pics than it does in real life.

Anway, beautiful car and great choice!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PeterJay
Really classy looking. Beautiful.
Congratulations on owning one of the finest cars in the world.
Thanks!

It's my first Audi. I've been an Acura fan for over 11 years. The Acura/Honda NSX has always been my favorite car, but the S5 is on the way to knocking it off the top of my list.

Matt
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
Very nice! Yes, Monsoon/Tuscan should work well. My car is Daytona/Tuscan and the colors are very complimentary. I also have the aluminum trim, and the combo looks very sharp.

Monsoon is really close to Daytona in certain lights. I've parked my car next to a Monsoon S5 at the dealership and can hardly tell the difference. Funny, Monsoon Gray looks a lot lighter in pics than it does in real life.

Anway, beautiful car and great choice!
It's really tough to represent the colors in photographs. As you said, the Monsoon looks lighter in pics. The Tuscan Brown always looks more "orange" in pics than it is in person.

I ordered both without actually ever seeing them in person so I was a bit nervous about it. Since Monsoon Gray was a new option for the S5 for 2012, it was tough to even find a picture of that color when I ordered it in July.

I'm really happy with it, though.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Riskbreaker
Great looking car, man. I just ordered my S5 this week in the same color combo. I did a slightly different mix (6 speed, carbon fiber, optional wheels) but I'm thrilled to see how good the Monsoon + Tuscan looks. Only 12 weeks left!
I think you will like it even better when you see it in person. My pictures don't do it justice.

Here's hoping the next 12 weeks fly by for you. For me, it was the slowest 3 months in recent memory. I always complain that time flies by too fast. Ordering an S5 is a great way to slow it down.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

love it looks great!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey does the 2012 have the back up camera? I recently ordered my S5 prestige in November and I heard rumors that they might not have it installed.

Quick Reply: My S5 Arrived This Week!