Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Nav traffic colors stopped showing

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by u080570
It will update from a DVD - but save the new info to the hard drive - kind of like installing something on your PC...
Got it. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny enough, I noticed tonight that my Sirius traffic data is no longer coming in either - I will have to see what they say when I give them a call.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am confused.

Just got an S5 cab. Has three months of free Sirius.

I see the traffic lines on the map. I see "slow traffic" notes during my navigation route guidance.

I drove into work today and it would not redirect me in real-time based on traffic conditions. It set a route at the start and it kept to that route, regardless of the amount of RED there was. I know there were better options because I have Sirius Traffic in my 2010 Wrangler Navigation and it redirects me "due to traffic conditions". In fact it redirects me often.

Does the Audi MMI have this capability? I have my route set to DYNAMIC. TIA.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DjPiLL, if you have your route set to dynamic, it should re-route you around if the alternate routes are faster. Meaning, even in the alternate routes don't have traffic, the faster way to your destination could still be through traffic. I believe that the nav system takes into consideration the speed at which traffic is moving, and for how long. That's what I noticed from my car on some recent trips I took to the D.C. metro.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One ESN or two?

Originally Posted by scottacus
BTW, the 3G MMI has a separate ESN for the data radio used for traffic (different from the main one used to receive Sirius programming). You need to call Sirius back with that ESN to register for traffic service.
Are you absolutely sure it's a separate ESN? I am having epic difficulties with Sirius right now; they can't seem to add my traffic service back on after accidentally turning it off.

My 2011 Q5 Prestige definitely shows the EXACT SAME electronic serial number for Radio and Data. I have double and triple-checked this... even after an MMI reset, it shows as the same ESN.