Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Navigation has to manually reset Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation has to manually reset Ideas?

Hi All

Every time I start my A5, MMI Navigation displays my previous trip and wanting to display the route guide. I have to manually cancel the guide so it can display the map. It is annoying and was wondering if any way to disable this feature so it show the road map than trying to display most recent trip (I know I can delete all previous trips but that’s not what I am searching for).

My previous car Infiniti G35 I never had to deal with this issue.

Last edited by harshaca2007; 04-16-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

both versions of MMI will show a blue-ish screen with the previous route.
if you want the map, without using the actual navigation, you will have to press the "map"-button
never seen anything diferent, in an Audi that is.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by harshaca2007
Hi All

Every time I start my A5, MMI Navigation displays my previous trip and wanting to display the route guide. I have to manually cancel the guide so it can display the map. It is annoying and was wondering if any way to disable this feature so it show the road map than trying to display most recent trip (I know I can delete all previous trips but that’s not what I am searching for).

My previous car Infiniti G35 I never had to deal with this issue.
....Insert OmeletPants comments here....

Sorry - couldn't resist !!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It appears that Audi assumes you wouldn't select the Nav feature if you didn't want to get to a destination, so it defaults to that screen. I think most would prefer to have it default to the map screen.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

question- because i do not know this answer regarding the infinitis---- do you have a "legalese screen" that you have to agree to 1st before getting to the map?

I know it the Lexus, and the Corvettes you do.......
Old 04-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
question- because i do not know this answer regarding the infinitis---- do you have a "legalese screen" that you have to agree to 1st before getting to the map?

I know it the Lexus, and the Corvettes you do.......
I am looking for auto reset to map rather than pusing the map button on the nav every time.

I have to do this everytime even after I delete the previous trips from navigation. How do you all do it?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

you can't.

sorry for my confusing post earlier- the reason why i asked about the legalese screen is that the drivers of those cars always have to press the OK button before they can get to their navigation.

doesn't explain why we can't have ours go straight to the map.... I guess i'm just saying that we're not the only ones to push extra buttons...

I gotta believe the Product Mgmt team at Audi has a rationale behind this. Sometimes i wish they would jump in and explain, so we don't banter back and forth about things that don't operate as effieiciently as we think they should.

I would bet that they read these forums for insight as to what is being said about their products. Perhaps we should put a question list together, and see if we get some answers.....

I know--- wishful thinking...

FWIW...
Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't know why they just to program the NAV Screen to automatically switch to the map mode once the car is in motion; just like when doors automatically lock above 5mph. It seems like a "no brainer" to me.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gettysburg
I don't know why they just to program the NAV Screen to automatically switch to the map mode once the car is in motion; just like when doors automatically lock above 5mph. It seems like a "no brainer" to me.
Not only Nave doesn't show the map it stays on the previous destination info and ask if it is the destination.
Any mod or other way to get around it?