Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Need to vent - to the driver of the Meteor Gray S5 on I287

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to vent - to the driver of the Meteor Gray S5 on I287

Learn how to drive dumba$$! Seriously. You better be a doctor on his or her way to performing emergency surgery to take that many chances with everyone's lives on that stretch of road that day

Background is as follows - driving back to the office with a co-worker this past Tuesday, we are on I287 East in New York approaching the Garden State Parkway exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge. Cruising "comfortably" in the left lane in somewhat heavy traffic. See a Meteor Gray S5 zip into the middle lane in front of us after passing on the right. He/she then proceeds to swerve around a couple of cars and then into the right lane behind an 18-wheeler. The S5 then proceeds to move into an entrance ramp lane that has all but merged with the right-hand lane as the 18-wheeler is moving over to the right. Instead of braking, the S5 simply moves into a narrow strip of breakdown lane and passes the 18 wheeler on the right! All I see at this point is a cloud of dust from him/her driving in the breakdown lane/dirt and the 18-wheeler swerve a little to the left. You can imagine the cascade of braking and other driver's movements when an 18-wheeler moves quickly towards the middle lane of a busy highway (when the middle lane is already occupied by other vehicles).

Needless to say, thank you Mr. or Mrs. S5 for impressing us all with your incredible driving skills

But seriously, what a freakin' tool! You give Audi (and especially S5 ) drivers a bad name.

OK, off my soapbox. Stay safe out there & thanks for letting me vent.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bb vign
Learn how to drive dumba$$! Seriously. You better be a doctor on his or her way to performing emergency surgery to take that many chances with everyone's lives on that stretch of road that day

Background is as follows - driving back to the office with a co-worker this past Tuesday, we are on I287 East in New York approaching the Garden State Parkway exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge. Cruising "comfortably" in the left lane in somewhat heavy traffic. See a Meteor Gray S5 zip into the middle lane in front of us after passing on the right. He/she then proceeds to swerve around a couple of cars and then into the right lane behind an 18-wheeler. The S5 then proceeds to move into an entrance ramp lane that has all but merged with the right-hand lane as the 18-wheeler is moving over to the right. Instead of braking, the S5 simply moves into a narrow strip of breakdown lane and passes the 18 wheeler on the right! All I see at this point is a cloud of dust from him/her driving in the breakdown lane/dirt and the 18-wheeler swerve a little to the left. You can imagine the cascade of braking and other driver's movements when an 18-wheeler moves quickly towards the middle lane of a busy highway (when the middle lane is already occupied by other vehicles).

Needless to say, thank you Mr. or Mrs. S5 for impressing us all with your incredible driving skills

But seriously, what a freakin' tool! You give Audi (and especially S5 ) drivers a bad name.

OK, off my soapbox. Stay safe out there & thanks for letting me vent.
I know the area. Great road when there is no traffic. A nightmare of a road most of the time due to traffic, construction and jack*ss drivers like your Meteor Grey S5 driver.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of mentally little people with access to cash. Their fast car makes them a big person.

Jersey plates?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's with the Jersey bashing? Is that really necessary? I see plenty of bad drivers with NY and CT plates too.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scottacus
What's with the Jersey bashing? Is that really necessary? I see plenty of bad drivers with NY and CT plates too.
First of all it's a question.

Second, I am going with the odds.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...2ZwLXRvZGF5BHN

I could have said NY, but that stretch of road seems to be a no mans land for Jersey drivers. The majority of times I have had someone fly by me on the right on that little stretch, it's Jersey plates. Usually someone who has been drafting me for most of the Northern stretch of 287 in NJ. Once they hit the NY state line, its ***** to the walls.

I do the trip at least once a week. It happens so regularly, I have come to expect it.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey hey...

I m a doctor that does do "emergency surgery" but I still respect the road.. lets not do doctor bashing now! lol

Just because you have a fancy car doesn't give permission to drive like a moron! right? I do love my S5 though!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

wow, a doctor driving S5. Nice!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Why the surprize over a doc driving an S5? Besides myself, there are at least 4 or 5 more docs at the hospital I work out of that drive A5's and S5's. Even a couple with R8's on order.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most docs in this age cant afford an R8.... wish I could though :-)
Should have followed though with that MBA;
Old 05-29-2009, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Andrewaw
most docs in this age cant afford an R8.... wish I could though :-)
Should have followed though with that MBA;
LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

As a former pharmacist, I went for an MBA and now make what the average (note average) physician makes.........but without all those Med School loans.

Really tough becomng a doc nowadays. Huge loans, brutal residency hours, and a health care system nickle and diming you on payments.

I don't miss the industry at all.

Kudos for going through with it.

You could get an MBA and go work for one of the pharmas.............they seem to love to pay for doc's with business degrees. Of course you will be selling your soul to them.

BR
Old 05-29-2009, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mgd99
LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

As a former pharmacist, I went for an MBA and now make what the average (note average) physician makes.........but without all those Med School loans.

Really tough becomng a doc nowadays. Huge loans, brutal residency hours, and a health care system nickle and diming you on payments.

I don't miss the industry at all.

Kudos for going through with it.

You could get an MBA and go work for one of the pharmas.............they seem to love to pay for doc's with business degrees. Of course you will be selling your soul to them.

BR
Primary care doctors (and many other doctors) may be facing tough times, but believe me there are PLENTY of very, very well-paid doctors in America.

If I were a betting man I would wager that the doctors with R8s are orthopedic surgeons or thoracic/cardiothoracic surgeons. Or maybe even a cardiologist (they make on average around $400K a year, so an R8 doesn't seem that far-fetched).

Quick Reply: Need to vent - to the driver of the Meteor Gray S5 on I287