Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New 2012(US) A5 - Jet Blue

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2012(US) A5 - Jet Blue

Took delivery on my 2012 A5 a couple weeks ago. So far I am a very happy camper. Quite an upgrade from my '99 Ford Taurus! I can tell that a lot of thought went into the various features throughout the car, and on top of it all it drives awesome.

Full rundown (it's a short list):

A5 Premium Plus
Jet Blue Metallic
Beige Interior
+ Sports Package
+ Sound
+ Walnut Inlays

Not the best pictures. Taken around sunset with my cellphone. Hoping to get better ones in full daylight with a better camera soon.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice! I like that color.
Congrats!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks! I wanted a color that would draw out the lines in the car, and this color worked out perfect. It's very metallic, so it tends to a silver when a bright light is reflecting off of it. So during the day, it tends to be more silvery above the line on the side, and more towards the blue in these pictures under the line. Makes a really good contrast.

Also, sorry for the huge pictures. I shrunk them a bit to make it easier to view.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Nice pics. You get some interesting shades in low light.
My Monsoon Grey A5 puts off a blue cast in low light.
Congrats on the purchase.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats !!
The more you drive your new beauty, oh yeah......it's a beauty, the more you'll be impressed with the Audi brand.
Quality everywhere............in everything.

Bet you turn around and look at it as you walk away from it in a parking lot..............like all of us do.

Welcome to Audi !
Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do yourself a favor and wait for an overcast or partly cloudy day to photograph the car. Bright sunlight is the worst for any photography. Diffused light is less harsh and makes the color pop without lots of glare.

Beautiful car! I wanted those rims on my Cabriolet but I'd have to order a Sport Package and I don't like too hard of a ride. Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by PeterJay
Bet you turn around and look at it as you walk away from it in a parking lot..............like all of us do.
Every single time! I even sometimes peek at it through the office window that looks over the parking lot.

Originally Posted by JGA5Cab
Do yourself a favor and wait for an overcast or partly cloudy day to photograph the car. Bright sunlight is the worst for any photography. Diffused light is less harsh and makes the color pop without lots of glare.
I'll keep this in mind. I will take at least some in full sun though, because of the way this color works. When it has that point source of light hitting it from above, the color washes out to silver, and that wonderful line on the side just jumps out.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've never seen that color before....it's definitely different.

The color of the front bumper seems to be a bit off from the fender. Look at the color difference! The color should blend in seamlessly because it's on the same plane. But for some reason, the front bumper looks more like the hood, which is on a completely different plane. Does it look that way in real life, or just in the picture?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Beakerz
The color of the front bumper seems to be a bit off from the fender. Look at the color difference! The color should blend in seamlessly because it's on the same plane. But for some reason, the front bumper looks more like the hood, which is on a completely different plane. Does it look that way in real life, or just in the picture?
It's definitely just a trick of the light. I looked after your comment, and it just happens that the angles at that spot cause the light to throw off differently. Good eye though.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice

Very Nice. Since you're in Florida, will you be tinting?

Quick Reply: New 2012(US) A5 - Jet Blue