Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New 2012's delivered yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cha777
I looked based on cars.com and couldn't find pics of monsoon or moonshine....er, I mean moonlight. Will keep diligently looking
Moonshine, too funny.

I want to see the monsoon before my July 4th production start date (4 days from now) so I can change my 2012 S5 cab order to either a custom colour like meteor or daytona if the monsoon grey is lousy. I saw oolong grey on the A7 (thought it was monsoon at first) and it looked really brown, didn't like it at all. So, any help would be much appreciated! . Thx!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 3space
Is yours Monsoon grey by any chance? Thx!
No, it's Phantom Black. Originally I wanted Deep Sea Blue Pearl, but it was discontinued and I wasn't convinced Moonlight Blue Metallic had the same blue/black look I wanted.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default 2012 Moonlight Blue Metallic A5

Just ordered my first 2012 Audi A5 in Moonlight Blue Metallic but probably won't see it before September. However, my dealer had a Moonlight Blue A7 on the lot and I can tell you that it's nearly black......but not quite :-) Fortunately, the Moonlight is an A7 color and those cars and brochures are out and about. We really wanted the Meteor Gray but that's been replaced with the elusive Monsoon Gray (of which there are NO reliably certain photos). I have contacted Audi Customer Service in the hopes that they'll be able to get me a photo or color chip. If I do, I'll post asap.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by I<3NH
Just ordered my first 2012 Audi A5 in Moonlight Blue Metallic but probably won't see it before September. However, my dealer had a Moonlight Blue A7 on the lot and I can tell you that it's nearly black......but not quite :-) Fortunately, the Moonlight is an A7 color and those cars and brochures are out and about. We really wanted the Meteor Gray but that's been replaced with the elusive Monsoon Gray (of which there are NO reliably certain photos). I have contacted Audi Customer Service in the hopes that they'll be able to get me a photo or color chip. If I do, I'll post asap.
I just found this, which is supposedly Monsoon Grey. Comments?

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/audi...204015780.html
Old 07-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Q
AudiWorld Member

I am seriously liking that. It very well could save me the $2500 for the Daytona
Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Totally agree. Daytona also rocks though!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 3space
I just found this, which is supposedly Monsoon Grey. Comments?

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/audi...204015780.html
Thank you. I, too, have seen these photos. On Friday, I got a call from my salesman at Audi of Nashua who said, "we just got 2 sold 2012's in and they are Monsoon Gray." He wanted us to come down and see them right away because he knows of my uncertainty. However, based on these circulating German photos of the A4 Avant reportedly in Monsoon Gray (or monsungrau), we decided to stick with the Moonlight Blue. We wanted a dark, almost black color and don't see that the Monsoon is going to be dark enough for our taste. The good news is that the cars are starting to arrive, so the color can be seen in person.....if you need that. Now, we eagerly wait for ours..........
Old 07-04-2011, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

The dark blue is really nice! I am just finishing with a dark blue TT that I bought new 9 yrs ago (only 52,000 miles on it, but I want a change), so I decided this time around that I'd go for a lighter color that I didn't have to wash 2x/week (not that I ever did though)!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Monsoon Gray Photos confirmed by Audi Salesman

I just got an email from my salesman (the one who has Monsoon Gray Audis on the lot) after emailing him the German photos that are in this thread. He said, "That is the best picture I’ve seen of the color." So, I think we can all use these photos as reference for the Monsoon Gray. He also told me I might see my A5 by the end of August. Yippee!
Old 07-05-2011, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I<3NH
I just got an email from my salesman (the one who has Monsoon Gray Audis on the lot) after emailing him the German photos that are in this thread. He said, "That is the best picture I’ve seen of the color." So, I think we can all use these photos as reference for the Monsoon Gray. He also told me I might see my A5 by the end of August. Yippee!
So has anybody got a shot of Moonlight A5/S5 coupe or cab?

Quick Reply: New 2012's delivered yet?