Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New black optics grille and fog light trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome. Much better than the people that feel the need to change the basic look of the grille. It was made the way it was for a reason and you just proved that you don't screw with perfection (just tweak it a tiny bit) and it will be still look sophisticated, yet slightly more aggressive. Good job.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I like the blacked out look a lot, but unfortunately my wifey likes the chrome???
Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Package was offered to me at 1200 dollars. Issue is they stop the line to remove your car to change to the black optics. They charge 1700 dollars to stop and start the assembly line so i didn't do it. Issue i had was they stop the line for breaks and stop and starting shifts and just make another 1700 per car even if 5 cars are being pulled at the same time. Does look nice and aggressive.

Originally Posted by buiyahkah
i'm not sure how much the whole pkg is from the factory but i know that that pkg also includes the window trim which i did not buy ($900!)..the grille itself is like $400 and the fog light trims were around $25
Old 04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ET550
I have always been a little bothered by the mismatching fog light grill surrounds on the S5 as I am a big fan of symmetry. Its interesting that the package gives you a closed grill surround for the left fog light trim rather than an open grill surround for the right fog light trim, which would then match the main grill. Do you know if there is a particular reason for that or am I the only one that thinks the open grill fog light surrounds would look better.
what do you mean an open grill as opposed to a closed grill for the fog light trim?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pesos
gorgeous! love the color ;-)

man I REALLY want the euro headlights, and I'm a big fan of this trim too. but part of me keeps telling me to save for an RS5 :-p
thanks! i wanted to save for an rs5 as well but in the end, i think the s5 is good enough for me and it's now time to start saving for a house
Old 04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spaniardone
I inquired in my audi dealer and they had no clue about any black package being offered.. where did you get yours from? of the info?
oh yeah, try giving your dealer this pkg code for the black optics: SPO 4ZM
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by buiyahkah
what do you mean an open grill as opposed to a closed grill for the fog light trim?
I mean that my S5 Cab (and I assumed your coupe unless the different engine has something to do with it) has a functional grille (i.e open slats) around the driver side fog lamp, but a closed non-functional grille around the passenger side fog lamp. You now have 2 nonfunctional decorative fog lamp grill surrounds so i assumed you replaced the open functional version on the driver side.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ET550
I mean that my S5 Cab (and I assumed your coupe unless the different engine has something to do with it) has a functional grille (i.e open slats) around the driver side fog lamp, but a closed non-functional grille around the passenger side fog lamp. You now have 2 nonfunctional decorative fog lamp grill surrounds so i assumed you replaced the open functional version on the driver side.
the only thing i changed were the fog light rings..the whole plastic piece that surrounds the fog lights is still the same as the day i got it.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

just finished blacking out my window trim last night...

Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Gotta love the black optics grille. Since I'm getting my front end redone, thanks to the GD quarry trucks unsecured load, I might just ask the shop to pop one of these on instead of the OEM grey one.

Quick Reply: New black optics grille and fog light trim