Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

NEW CAR ARRIVED.. MISSING S LINE BADGES

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW CAR ARRIVED.. MISSING S LINE BADGES

Hey guys, my A5 arrived at the dealership on Friday and after taking a closer look at it I noticed the driver side S Line badge was missing. Am I wrong to ask for a entirely new car? What should i ask for?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Greetings! I just changed badges on my car. The dealer should be able to order it in really fast. Just sticks on with good old 3M tape.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Order a new car and wait who knows how much longer rather than simply having the dealer easily tape on an S-line badge? Surely you jest (and don't call me Shirley)!

Originally Posted by A5ING-IT
Hey guys, my A5 arrived at the dealership on Friday and after taking a closer look at it I noticed the driver side S Line badge was missing. Am I wrong to ask for a entirely new car? What should i ask for?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Absolutely, hold firm with them. My S5 was missing the tire valve stem caps but they sent it back and got me a new car. Really glad they did because I would have been pissed knowing I was driving a vehicle without the original factory tire valve stem caps.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Absolutely, hold firm with them. My S5 was missing the tire valve stem caps but they sent it back and got me a new car. Really glad they did because I would have been pissed knowing I was driving a vehicle without the original factory tire valve stem caps.

There is also a problem with the seal around the driver side headlight... I am also wondering how these things happened? Was the car vandalized on a car lot? I am not a fan of having my brand new car repaired...
Old 01-31-2012, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd be surprised if it was vandalized, these things happen during mass production (I would not be surprised in the S-Line badges are put on at the port).

The real problem here is that the dealer didn't find these problems during the dealer prep of your car. If they delivered the car to you with these defects, just hold firm until they fix them.

If you got a peek at the car before they delivered it to you, they should catch it during the dealer prep but I guess it can't hurt to point it out
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A5ING-IT
There is also a problem with the seal around the driver side headlight... I am also wondering how these things happened? Was the car vandalized on a car lot? I am not a fan of having my brand new car repaired...
I would also be concerned that the car was partially repainted. It's not all that unusual for cars to be damaged during shipping. In fact, it's far more likely than a car going through quality control without someone realizing that it has a badge on one fender but not on the other. If this was a Chevy or a Chrysler it wouldn't be so hard to imagine a hungover UAW worker missing something like that on a Monday morning. But Audi? Not likely.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dtmurf
I'd be surprised if it was vandalized, these things happen during mass production (I would not be surprised in the S-Line badges are put on at the port).

The real problem here is that the dealer didn't find these problems during the dealer prep of your car. If they delivered the car to you with these defects, just hold firm until they fix them.

If you got a peek at the car before they delivered it to you, they should catch it during the dealer prep but I guess it can't hurt to point it out
They have not delivered the car to me they just told me it was in and I went by to look at it... I just thought they would have inspected the car to make sure it's perfect before telling me it's there. I already pointed it out and I went back last night and the headlight trim and S Line badge were both fixed... I am just not a fan of having my brand new car "repaired"
Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
I would also be concerned that the car was partially repainted. It's not all that unusual for cars to be damaged during shipping. In fact, it's far more likely than a car going through quality control without someone realizing that it has a badge on one fender but not on the other. If this was a Chevy or a Chrysler it wouldn't be so hard to imagine a hungover UAW worker missing something like that on a Monday morning. But Audi? Not likely.
I never even thought of the fact it may have been re-painted.. I am going to look into this further. THANKS!

Quick Reply: NEW CAR ARRIVED.. MISSING S LINE BADGES