Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

New S5 Cab Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S5 Cab Owner

Much thanks to the forum, as information here was very valuable in helping me make my purchase decision.

This is my first Audi. I've owned three Porsches and actually had a deposit on one available at a tremendous discount from the local dealer. I went back to the dealership to complete the purchase and ended up driving the 911 S cab and the Audi S5 cab back to back. That Audi actually was already sold, but that drive was enough for me and I changed my mind and canceled the Porsche and began my search for the exact S5 I wanted. I had set a budget of 90k for a summer car and was pleased to find exactly what I wanted at Beechmont Audi for less than sticker. I have no affiliation of any kind with Beechmont Audi, but I wanted to say they are a great bunch. Todd Jamison was my dealer and the guy knows what good service is all about.

I have a car a bit over a week and after 400 miles I can say it is probably one of the best cars I've ever driven. A nice balance of style, power, performance, and design. The real driver for selection of the Audi over the Porsche was comfort. The Porsche is a fantastic ride, but the S suspension really started to wear on me after just a short drive on fairly decent Michigan roads (yes, there are a few in this state without massive potholes).

I actually know one of the Audi engineers who worked on this engine development (as well as couple of others) before he transferred to VW for a new assignment (he is rumored to be going to back to Audi next month, so I may have a source for decent information on future builds).

I plan to detail it in the next week with three coats of poly and then a couple more with Pinnacle wax. I'll post some pics.

My only complaint is that the coloring is wrong on one of the S5 brake calipers. I do not think this justifies replacement, but it does not look as nice as the one on the driver side that was correctly manufactured.

2010 S5 Cab Premium Plus Black with Black/Silver, Nav, B&O, and Carbon.

Thanks again to all for sharing their knowledge. It was extremely helpful during the months I was researching sports cars.

matt
Old 04-24-2010, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations on your purchase! Look forward to seeing some pictures.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Dealer Photos

Here are some dealership pics.
Attached Images    
Old 04-25-2010, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Congratulations

Sweet ride. Is that Beechmont Audi in Cincinnati? I know you mentioned Michigan in your post, but there's a Beechmont Audi in Cincy too. I'm in Cincy now and have had my services at The Audi Connection, which has been just OK.

Anyway, congrats and welcome to the forum. Any mods planned?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Beechmont

Hello Mik34,

Yes, they are in Cincy. I drove down and picked it up because they had exactly the build I wanted and the price was very good.

I'll have service done at my local Audi dealer, which is five minutes from my house in Michigan but unable to get me the S5 I wanted.

As for mods, all I plan to do is add in the front grill filler. Maybe someday I'll mod the exhaust, but right now I'm really pleased with the car in stock form.

Thanks
matt
Old 04-25-2010, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Beautiful car! That's the first Black with Black/Silver I've seen. NIce combo. 3,200 miles on mine and it just gets sweeter every day. You made a great decision.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and enjoy your beautiful car.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Everyone,

Thanks for the welcome and the nice comments.

The Audi is just fun to drive. There is no buyers remorse with this one. Now if the rain would stop I could start the detail work, but it is looking like that won't happen until next weekend. Can't wait to see how it looks with several coats of sealant and wax.

Sometime this year I'm going to find the time to drive it out to the West coast and burn up and down my favorite drive anywhere.

matt
Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

very nice.. care to share what you paid?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

PARealtor,

I used the Costco buying service. My price was just about 5% off of list. I jumped at the deal, as only one other Audi dealership wanted to do much off sticker on the S5 Cab. And that dealer did not have a color I wanted.

I was out the door with tax and everything for less than 64K.

I would recommend the Costco service. Works like a charm and I had a dealer within 250 miles of my home that met Costco's "aggressive pricing" in less than an hour.

Thanks
matt

Quick Reply: New S5 Cab Owner