Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

now that the 2010 A5 is cheaper, will everyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a4mulet30red
to the person who said the a5 will be the next g35...

That would never happen. The g35 was so popular because it was not only a beatiful car like the a/s/5 is, it also had the power to back it up. The a5 will not take off (sales wise) like the g35 did. The g35 was fast/beatiful/cheap. The a5 is only betiful/cheap.
I agree with you... the 2.0 is very slow and it feels really light car. I'll take the G37 over the A5 2.0... anytime.... once you get to the 3.2, then it's a little faster... but $5k-$8k more expensive...

Let the other guys stay with the Japanese cars....
Old 09-30-2009, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AceOne31
Yes, the S5 is a better car, but for me... I am very happy with A5 3.2L.
As am I.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Their main response will just be something like "there goes that audi car again!" without even knowing that i paid an extra $15k for it"

How you can afford an S5 and say things like that will remain one of the great mysteries of life!

Maybe you should spend some of that car $ and go see a good shrink :-) cause boy, any adult that actually gives a S*** about stuff like that has serious problems that need to be addressed!

I mean seriously you are driving down the street wondering if the guy who just passed you knows that your car cost more than XX car in the next lane???

WOW!!

:-)
Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jonnyz1245
Maybe you should spend some of that car $ and go see a good shrink :-) cause boy, any adult that actually gives a S*** about stuff like that has serious problems that need to be addressed!
If every adult who cared about what others thought of their car needed to see a shrink there wouldn't be enough shrinks to go around. BMW and Lexus have built a huge business on people who want to impress others.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm...Come to think of it, if I were a betting man, I'd say more people would or do have S5s than A5s if this forum were any indicator of a random sample. I see more people on here having ordered or purchased S5 coupe or cabrio than current or soon to be A5 owners. In fact, in all of my seldom and brief encounters of seeing the Audi coupe out in the wild, I'd say I've seen more examples of the S5 than the A5. By all means, no offense to those who own or will be owning the S coupe, but it seems those owners are crowding themselves out to be exclusive or whatever the reason and not even realizing it. Just my $0.98 subtracted from $1.00.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When u're a businessman or sales u get S5 so that people think u're a successful businessman who's making good money lol.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by newbie2quattro
Hmmm...Come to think of it, if I were a betting man, I'd say more people would or do have S5s than A5s if this forum were any indicator of a random sample. I see more people on here having ordered or purchased S5 coupe or cabrio than current or soon to be A5 owners. In fact, in all of my seldom and brief encounters of seeing the Audi coupe out in the wild, I'd say I've seen more examples of the S5 than the A5. By all means, no offense to those who own or will be owning the S coupe, but it seems those owners are crowding themselves out to be exclusive or whatever the reason and not even realizing it. Just my $0.98 subtracted from $1.00.
I think it's more of the people who are on this forum are enthusiasts therefore they simply want the best 5 they can get. I think alot of A5 owners are people who walk into Audi dealerhship and go wow that's a nice car buy it, end of story, but they aren't enthusiast so they don't hang out on this forum.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jonnyz1245
Their main response will just be something like "there goes that audi car again!" without even knowing that i paid an extra $15k for it"

How you can afford an S5 and say things like that will remain one of the great mysteries of life!

I mean seriously you are driving down the street wondering if the guy who just passed you knows that your car cost more than XX car in the next lane???

WOW!!

:-)
I actually was pulling out of this club the other day, and I here this girl mumble wow, nice BMW. I almost flipped my switch, I just got in the car and drove off. I love audi cause it's not BMW and it was one of the worst insults I've ever heard, i mean it was worse than a "your momma joke", I almost cried.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by acadia
I actually was pulling out of this club the other day, and I here this girl mumble wow, nice BMW. I almost flipped my switch, I just got in the car and drove off. I love audi cause it's not BMW and it was one of the worst insults I've ever heard, i mean it was worse than a "your momma joke", I almost cried.
You were insulted because someone said nice BMW? Now that one, I will never get.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by acadia
I think it's more of the people who are on this forum are enthusiasts therefore they simply want the best 5 they can get. I think alot of A5 owners are people who walk into Audi dealerhship and go wow that's a nice car buy it, end of story, but they aren't enthusiast so they don't hang out on this forum.
Plenty of A5 owners around here.

Quick Reply: now that the 2010 A5 is cheaper, will everyone have one?