Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Ordered new RS5 cabrio

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazycabbie2
For any of you guys that are leasing the RS5 Cab, can you give me an idea of what your monthly lease payment is? My dealer is quoting around $1,500/month, which seems much too high to me.
3 yr, 36k.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Ordered new RS5 cabril

FWIW, I ordered my 2013 RS5 in late September. Arrived first week in February. Build date on door sticker is " 11/12".
Old 04-05-2013, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,070 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by crazycabbie2
For any of you guys that are leasing the RS5 Cab, can you give me an idea of what your monthly lease payment is? My dealer is quoting around $1,500/month, which seems much too high to me.
http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

$1500/month sounds about right depending on your options/packages. I'm not leasing, but I used to lease for tax reasons. Learn how leases are calculated, get the money factor and residual and verify the numbers yourself.

Chances are the lease terms on the RS5 are not favorable at all given the rarity of the car. It's generally not a good idea to lease such a car. You better have a good reason for leasing. Not being able to afford the car otherwise is a terrible reason to lease.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default RS5 Lease

Indeed the 1500/month sounds about right for this car, if you go with US company like Cadillac, they'll give you a better deal, as they did on my CTS-V wagon, but there aren't many good US-based cars. If you have to have the RS5 Cab, Audi will make you pay for it...
Old 04-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shericks
Indeed the 1500/month sounds about right for this car, if you go with US company like Cadillac, they'll give you a better deal, as they did on my CTS-V wagon, but there aren't many good US-based cars. If you have to have the RS5 Cab, Audi will make you pay for it...
Still waiting on my ordered cab. Yes, $1,500/mo sounds about right. Just sad a car like this, lease or not, is worth so little in such a short period of time - thus the low residual. It would make sense that a rare car would hold it's value, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,070 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by broudav
Still waiting on my ordered cab. Yes, $1,500/mo sounds about right. Just sad a car like this, lease or not, is worth so little in such a short period of time - thus the low residual. It would make sense that a rare car would hold it's value, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
While the car is rare, it also has a very limited market. It's the same with exotics. Most of them drop like a rock, because there is a very limited pool of potential buyers. A neighbor of mine owns an R8, a Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. He buys them all used at bargain prices compared to new ones and they are usually in excellent condition with very low miles.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dglasser
My order: Ipanema Brown / Black, MMI, driver assist, sport exhaust.

I officially placed my order in late February (I was on the waiting list for an allocation for a while before that). I still don't have a target delivery date, though I'm told I should be learning that date later this month. When I ordered the car, I was told that it probably wouldn't show up until June or July.
I love red-- I have a red S5, but I really appreciate guys like you who order the less common colors. I bet your Ipanema Brown will be awesome-- and rare.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default RS5 colors

Originally Posted by KarlFEvans
I love red-- I have a red S5, but I really appreciate guys like you who order the less common colors. I bet your Ipanema Brown will be awesome-- and rare.
Thanks. To be honest, I would have preferred to get one of the stock colors, as ordering a custom color is basically setting money on fire (significant additional cost and at best neutral to the car's resale value). That said, I tend to keep my cars for a long time, so it's worth it to me to get it exactly as I want and not worry much about near-term resale value.

My personal, subjective opinions on the stock colors:
  • I think the RS5 cab looks great in red but I've never felt comfortable driving such an attention-getting color. A car like this gets enough attention as it is.
  • I love black cars, but from past experience I know that I won't put the work in to keep a black car looking as nice as it should. Same goes for white.
  • I'd consider a silver or gray but they're a little too bland for me with the available monochrome interiors. If I could get the black/red two-tone interior that's available on the S5 without going to Audi Exclusive, that would probably be my first choice.
  • My wife has a thing against blue cars. Go figure.
So I want a color that is fun and interesting, and goes well with a black interior, without being too conspicuous or high maintenance. That's what has led me to Ipanema Brown.

YMMV
Old 04-16-2013, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Actual build date information!

I just got date information for my RS5 Cabriolet.

It's a week 19 build (i.e. May 6), scheduled to be loaded on ship on June 8 and arrive in port on June 28. My dealer says it's usually another 7-10 days from port arrival until it shows up at their store.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dglasser
I just got date information for my RS5 Cabriolet.

It's a week 19 build (i.e. May 6), scheduled to be loaded on ship on June 8 and arrive in port on June 28. My dealer says it's usually another 7-10 days from port arrival until it shows up at their store.
Good to hear! I found out my is supposed to be loaded on the ship May 20th, not sure what build week. I see for 2014, one can order the black optic package. I think the black grill would look great and sort of wish I could have ordered it! Maybe can switch it out, but maybe standard grill looks fine too as windshield surround is alu-optic. Will have to wait and see.

Quick Reply: Ordered new RS5 cabrio