Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Picked up S5 Cabriolet today-WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up S5 Cabriolet today-WOW!

I was able to pick up my new S5 Cabriolet today and wow what a car. I drove it back 100 miles from the dealership and it was a delight. It is unusually quiet for a Convertible. It is much quieter than my corvette convertibles I have owned.

The turbo charged 6 cyl will go when you ask it too. The seats fits like a glove and the all the tech gadgets makes me feel like a kid with a new toy. It has a contagious low roar that makes you feel your not in a luxury convertible. The handling and cornering is tight-probably not on the same level as Porsche but for a cruising convertible-it is more than enough. I am thrilled with my choice. I was also looking at a BMW 650i convertible and I am so thrilled I save myself $20,000 and got the S5!

This is the second Audi I have purchased from Harper Audi in Knoxville, TN-they are the finest dealership I have ever worked with. I have purchased 14 cars in the last 5 years of all types and I have never worked with such professional people as at Harpers. From the sales professional, sales manager, F&I and the owner-these guys have one goal-please the customer. They also carry Porsche, Jaguar, Infiniti, Acura and Volkswagon-so I have found my dealership for years to come. They didn't have what we wanted in stock so they found both my wife's Q5 and my S5 and went and got them. I recommend them highly.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

What and no pictures?!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congradulations and welcome to the club. Enjoy your new car in good health

PS: You do know that it is a V6 Supercharged engine and not a turbocharged engine, right ?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tifosi
Congradulations and welcome to the club. Enjoy your new car in good health

PS: You do know that it is a V6 Supercharged engine and not a turbocharged engine, right ?
Thanks for the correction on the Super charged!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

easily confused since Audi calls it a 3.0T to begin with.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PARealtor
easily confused since Audi calls it a 3.0T to begin with.
As far as performance-what is the major difference in a Super charged and a turbo charged-understand I am a cruiser and not a racer-so would I ever be able to tell the difference?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

And you haven't even broken it in yet! I've had my car for almost 2 months and 1,500 miles and I'm still giddy everytime I drive it.

I also love that low roar you described. The first time I slowed down at a light with the top down I thought there was a gang-banger with a "car that goes boom" behind me. It was my S5! :-) You're allowed to gush. It's a great car!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tboy58
As far as performance-what is the major difference in a Super charged and a turbo charged-understand I am a cruiser and not a racer-so would I ever be able to tell the difference?
Overall, both are methods of force induction. Basically, S/C is driven directly by the engine and turbos are driven by the exhaust gas. S/C will make power down low on the RPM range and power delivery tends to be more instantaneously, more similar to a big displacement engine. Turbo engines requires spool time, and will make its power more in the mid-higher part of the RPM range. Power delivery can also be a little more violent due to turbo lag.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

what a terrible weekend to have purchased a S5 Cab-we have 7 inches of snow on the ground-so she has stayed in the garage and we have driven the wife's Q5. Its not that i feared not being able to get around in the snow. With the Quatro-it would have been no problem-it wasn't in the Q5. I guess my garage queen Corvette spirit has not completely left me yet.

The boys in Detroit designed the Corvette for summer driving; the S5 Cab is designed where they have a lot of snow- I know it won't melt but I found myself making several trips to the garage just to look at it over the weekend.

Oh well- mid 40s and sunny this week-I hope so-taking my wife to work in her Q5 and keeping her car all day is not going to last long if she has anything to say about it!

By the way her Q5 never slipped one time and we transversed hills and curves with roads covered with snow and ice!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have had my S5 Cab 10 days now and it is everything I expected it to be and a little more. Having been a multiple corvette owner-I am really pleasantly surprised at how quite and smooth the S5 rides. The seats fit like a glove and the ease of reach to all the dials and buttons are great. As quite as it is-you really don't realize you are riding in a smaller convertible.

I just wish it was warmer to do some top down driving! But spring is coming soon-or at least it did last year-so hopefully it will show up this year as well!

Quick Reply: Picked up S5 Cabriolet today-WOW!