Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

please help ( A5 cab 2.0T multitronic singapore)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help ( A5 cab 2.0T multitronic singapore)

hi all,
i just got my new A5 cab and its frustrating. btw have discover this forum by chance when searching the net to get help for my the problem i am facing.
never driven an audi before. my was 2009 a5 cab 2.0t singapore. never test drive and bought it on love at 1st sight and write up from car magazine. almost fainted when i 1st drive it...
it doesn't "speed off" when i step on the accelerator pedal..the response was sort off lagging...On one occassion, i was stationary in the middle of the road preparing to turn right when oncoming traffic clear..and almost freak out when i step on the accelerator pedal and it didn't move momentarily and when it started to move ... another oncoming is just a short distance away...if the oncoming vehicle is travelling fast i would be hit. Another problem is when have to stop at a slope...i have to hold the car from sliding back with my foot brake pedal and when i decided to move off... the car didnt move forward up the slope but slide back as i release my foot brake pedal to step on the accelerator. And when it rains, the head lamp was so of moist...
Ghosh!!! have you all experienced all those? Sorry if i wasnt good in explaining in technical term but those are what i am facing as a lay driver..
Anyway, i thought it might be due to the drive mode setting..ie "comfort", "auto" and "dynamic"...but realize that my unit doesnt have that option except the "S" button.. that doesn't help.
Please advise if any of you are facing the same problem and when it can be remedied by tuning or chip upgrade.
Thanks a thousand.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel for you. But most of what you are describing you will adjust to. There really isn't too much hesitation with these cars. Maybe a little with the CVT, but not enough to be a danger if you adjust your driving habits. Give it a little time and you'll likely agree. Good luck!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what i find with my car quattro with the 6 speed is that I feel something releasing as I leave the brake pedal and his the accelerator. It's an anti rollback feature. I find it odd that you think your car rolls back. Different features are offered in every country. I guess you won't find things in common with everyone.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by belle881
hi all,
i just got my new A5 cab and its frustrating. btw have discover this forum by chance when searching the net to get help for my the problem i am facing.
never driven an audi before. my was 2009 a5 cab 2.0t singapore. never test drive and bought it on love at 1st sight and write up from car magazine. almost fainted when i 1st drive it...
it doesn't "speed off" when i step on the accelerator pedal..the response was sort off lagging...On one occassion, i was stationary in the middle of the road preparing to turn right when oncoming traffic clear..and almost freak out when i step on the accelerator pedal and it didn't move momentarily and when it started to move ... another oncoming is just a short distance away...if the oncoming vehicle is travelling fast i would be hit. Another problem is when have to stop at a slope...i have to hold the car from sliding back with my foot brake pedal and when i decided to move off... the car didnt move forward up the slope but slide back as i release my foot brake pedal to step on the accelerator. And when it rains, the head lamp was so of moist...
Ghosh!!! have you all experienced all those? Sorry if i wasnt good in explaining in technical term but those are what i am facing as a lay driver..
Anyway, i thought it might be due to the drive mode setting..ie "comfort", "auto" and "dynamic"...but realize that my unit doesnt have that option except the "S" button.. that doesn't help.
Please advise if any of you are facing the same problem and when it can be remedied by tuning or chip upgrade.
Thanks a thousand.
Hi,I don't think you are the only one with a lag issue. I believe it's compounded by the CVT gearbox. See here:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=carol

Given that you bought from PI,you have less of a recourse if there is really a problem with the T, but do try other cars to see if it's a function of the entire range or just your car. Sometimes it takes a while to learn the throttle response of new cars.

If you still can't get used to it and it's not a transmission fault, then you could do some tuning, but more importantly hardware mods that will reduce the turbo lag (intake, exhause, intercooelrs etc).

Do log on to the VAGSG forum and join us for our meets so that we can check out what's wrong (if anything) with your car: http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14962

Cheers!

here's mine!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-12-2010, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have an October 2009 A5 Cab 2.0T and also know what you are talking about. Mine has 19" 255/35 tyres all round, supplied as Audi approved tyres and they cause the most annoying shudder through the steering when the car is stationary. Also, when accelerating, the turbo makes a high-pitched whistle. Does anyone else have these problems?