Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Poor Controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IAS5
doesn't that have to do more with your Ipod than the car? I thought that if the power is cut to the Ipod for a period of time, the Ipod goes to sleep, and cancels the Shuffle-mode.

If correct, that to me does not sound like a car issue...
I think you are right. My iPod has been starting up where I left off for awhile now but I left it alone for several days and it started somewhere else. It must pertain to how well charged the unit is.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
What planet are you from? The title of this thread is "poor MMI controls", so people are expressing their complaints and the preset complaint is a fair one.

The software is already written to revert back to previous condition so it's a 1 minute copy and paste job for Audi. If you are willing to do something that's unnecessary 9100 times then you have low standards for your life. I feel bad that quality is low on your list of requirements. Your suggestion that I should get rid of the car because I dared to complain about a poorly designed feature is a non sequitur argument used by 7th graders. Nice job.
In your irrational state of mind and complete obsessive infatuation with this "issue" you failed to see that I've stated that I agree that it would have been great if Audi designed the MMI to default to the radio presets. I've been very clear about that, yet you want to overlook what I've stated in an attempt to continue your obsession. What I'm saying is that embellishing this "issue" to the extreme you've taken it is completely absurd. Like I said, you need to let it go and move on with your life. Not a single person in this world should be as upset about this "issue" as you are.

One other thing about your last post. Did you know that there is behavioral research conducted about people arguing and when someone says something like you did...

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Your suggestion that I should get rid of the car because I dared to complain about a poorly designed feature is a non sequitur argument used by 7th graders. Nice job.
...the results of the research showed that the person saying things like that were, in essence, showing an outward expression of the age (or grade in this instance) of their own emotional state during the argument. A tell-tale sign is that you selected an exact age vs. saying "acting like a child" or some other generalization. It's amazing what behavioral science can reveal about someone's irrational mental state when arguing
Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My apologies to everyone else in this thread.

I'll stay out of this and will not continue to antagonize Eggpants.

If he wants to continue the discussion, I'm happy to do it via PM.

Carry on everyone
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by atombomb33
In your irrational state of mind and complete obsessive infatuation with this "issue" you failed to see that I've stated that I agree that it would have been great if Audi designed the MMI to default to the radio presets. I've been very clear about that, yet you want to overlook what I've stated in an attempt to continue your obsession. What I'm saying is that embellishing this "issue" to the extreme you've taken it is completely absurd. Like I said, you need to let it go and move on with your life. Not a single person in this world should be as upset about this "issue" as you are.

One other thing about your last post. Did you know that there is behavioral research conducted about people arguing and when someone says something like you did...

...the results of the research showed that the person saying things like that were, in essence, showing an outward expression of the age (or grade in this instance) of their own emotional state during the argument. A tell-tale sign is that you selected an exact age vs. saying "acting like a child" or some other generalization. It's amazing what behavioral science can reveal about someone's irrational mental state when arguing
The gentlemanly thing for you to have done was to allow people to have their opinion without berating them. But no, you had to enter the thread to attack and add nothing. If you think it's fun to press a button needlessly 9100 times then you have other problems. I accept your apology for trolling my post.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atombomb33
Did you know that there is behavioral research conducted about people arguing and when someone says something like you did...

...the results of the research showed that the person saying things like that were, in essence, showing an outward expression of the age (or grade in this instance) of their own emotional state during the argument.
I'm not suggesting that a flame war is useful. But exactly whose behavioral research are you citing? Can you cite a relevant journal article? As a behavioral clinician, I'm all in favor of relevant research, but I'd like to see it for myself.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started this thread originally because I found that the idiosyncrasies of the MMI controls are very annoying and in some cases dangerously distracting. I love the car but for a luxury auto of this caliber the controls should not be so idiotic. Speaking of idiotic I noticed that on this forum the first posts are at the end of the last page and the last posts are at the beginning of the first page! The forum designers must also have designed the MMI controls!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by norman1294
Speaking of idiotic I noticed that on this forum the first posts are at the end of the last page and the last posts are at the beginning of the first page! The forum designers must also have designed the MMI controls!
It's not a bug, it's a feature, as they say at Microsoft.

Actually, you can change this feature. Go here:
https://forums.audiworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
and scroll down to Thread Display Options.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I started this thread originally because I found that the idiosyncrasies of the MMI controls are very annoying and in some cases dangerously distracting. I love the car but for a luxury auto of this caliber the controls should not be so idiotic. Speaking of idiotic I noticed that on this forum the first posts are at the end of the last page and the last posts are at the beginning of the first page! The forum designers must also have designed the MMI controls!
You can change that in your settings. Kinda falls under the "read the manual" category.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You are probably viewing the forum in hybrid view, which combines linear and threaded views, so posts are not linked by date, but by thread. This results in the posts being out of date order.

Switch to linear view (under Display Modes at the top) if you want the posts ordered strictly by date.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

Quick Reply: Poor Controls