Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Poor Controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, some people would complain if they were being hung with a new rope. In my day, TV had 3, maybe 4 stations. And you had to get up out of your chair to change the channel. If your old man would let you! And, you wanted a preset in your car, you scrolled an analog dial and fiddled with it back and forth near the station you wanted, then pulled out the button and pushed it back in to set your station. And, when you drove 30 miles away, you lost the station and had to turn the dial again to find another one. And you liked it. Nothing could beat the thrill of your favorite cassette jamming in the tape player hung under the dashboard. No fancy-pants satellite radio that had the same stations no matter where you went, and told you the type of station they are, and who was the artist of what song you were listening to. And we had to crank the windows by hand. And lock and unlock the doors with a key. Climate control! You were lucky if the heater did heat. Hah. Kids these days.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Q
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by allaudigarage
Boy, some people would complain if they were being hung with a new rope. In my day, TV had 3, maybe 4 stations. And you had to get up out of your chair to change the channel. If your old man would let you! And, you wanted a preset in your car, you scrolled an analog dial and fiddled with it back and forth near the station you wanted, then pulled out the button and pushed it back in to set your station. And, when you drove 30 miles away, you lost the station and had to turn the dial again to find another one. And you liked it. Nothing could beat the thrill of your favorite cassette jamming in the tape player hung under the dashboard. No fancy-pants satellite radio that had the same stations no matter where you went, and told you the type of station they are, and who was the artist of what song you were listening to. And we had to crank the windows by hand. And lock and unlock the doors with a key. Climate control! You were lucky if the heater did heat. Hah. Kids these days.
Damn...and I remember that. Does this mean I'm getting old? Don't forget the 8-track...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by allaudigarage
As Billy Joel said, "The good old days weren't always that good." But Audi's cockpit controls make me long for them.