Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Port to Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That car would actually come in through the port of Davisville RI...

It's about 20 minutes from me, I normally pick my sold units up at the port and drive them here myself, to shorten the wait time...
Old 11-30-2008, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Audi Manhattan

I'm waiting for delivery from same dealer. I'm guessing it's the same shipment. My dealer gave me two different dates in the last two weeks. I'm hoping that they call tomorrow to let me know when I can pick up. Who is your rep? I'm working with Rodney.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:52 AM

Alex. He said that the car was at the port last Monday and that it would be 2 more weeks. Others seem to have gotten theirs already with the same port date as you can see from this thread. He also sent me the order sheet showing it was at the port. I also found that the price was $500 higher than my agreement. A5Pilot had this same thing on his order configuration sheet last week but on the sheet there is a "PIC-Price increase credit" which according to A5Pilot got the credit for the difference. I also called Audi and they verified this. Does your configuration sheet show this?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

I saw that the price increase credit was a line item on the configuration sheet, but I don't know if it changed the price or not. As far as I can tell, I'm paying MSRP.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:58 PM

Default eastcoastmark-It..

did change the price on mine I got an automatic and the $500 increase was on the price of the automatic.. It is on my sheet showing the change from $52200 to $52700. Don't know if you got an automatic or not, or if you signed a contract like I did, but that is where mine came from. My signed agreement with them is $500 less than what the order confirmation is. Hope this won't be a point of contention with them.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yup - same with me

I'm also getting an auto and it's 52700 on my confirmation. I'm taking a car that was originally ordered by someone else. I don't have a signed contract, just a deposit. I've never bought a car this way. I'm a little nervous that there is going to be an issue. What colors/options did you get?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 PM

Default Same here

I have never bought a car this way either and a bit nervous too. I hope there isn't going to be an issue. I put down a deposit and have a signed agreement for a set price with the options included. Sounds like you got the extra $500 tacked on too. I have the price of $52200 from the Audi website. Plus I won't be seeing the car even after I have paid for it. I hope that there aren't problems with the car-scratches, dings etc because i won't know until I get it. Talk about a leap of faith! I am in Virginia and am having it shipped to me sight unseen. This is a first for me and hope this dealership is honest and sticks to their agreement. You will probably know before I do how this is going to play out since you are local and will probably get a call tomorrow. You will probably see my car before I do. Mine is a Quartz Gray with magma red, B & O, tech, nav, Audi drive select, carbon fiber and no front plate holder. If you see it let me know of any dents, scratches etc. What are your colors/options?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Same here

I thought about getting one from an out of state dealer. I called a ton of places to skip the 4+ month wait. I got lucky that I found one in NYC that I liked. It's black/black with B&O, tech, nav, drive select, stainless steel and front plate (jersey stinks!) I'm not sure when they'll call or when I can get into NYC to pick it up, but if I see your car I'll give it a look over and snap some cellphone pics.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default mine also hit port the 24 i think and dealer told me....

it should be here the week of the 8th. im hopeing it will be here this week. my dealer is riverside audi in jersey. let us know when you guys get your cars.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:20 PM

Default Thanks..

I played the game here in VA. Small dealerships with a promise of an allocation. Waited months, gave up and found this one on my own, They said this one was not sold and nearly everything I wanted so I took it. VA is also front plate but willing to take the chance. Never put one on my old cars. I appreciate your once over and pics of my car if you see it. I will keep you informed here if I get any word tomorrow. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Port to Dealer?