Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

In Port Finally

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Port Finally

My dealer phoned yesterday to day that my two new vehicles had finally been invoiced 22Oct (meaning in Halifax). These were orders on 28Aug2009. More on dates later. Yes we are very excited! A5 Meteor Grey.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For those tracking vehicles here..these are vehicles shipped from Emden on 13Oct on the Hercules Highway, dropped in Halifax 22Oct and this morning the ship is sitting in Providence RI Harbour. Onward I haven't looked at the schedule lately...I will leave that to you guys. I am now busy looking at rail scedules to determine the next date...I have gone from fun to frustrated and now back to fun.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been looking a ships for weeks trying to figure out which ship they would be on. Looking back here is the process I would re-use if I was doing this again:
Once vehicle has been produced and you have a ship date, seems that is a good date and you can start tracking ships out of Emden...I was using marinetraffic.com. Vessels leave pretty much daily (I understand). You can dig around and find out which shipping lines they belong to (by googling) and then use the shipping line schedules to determine which ports they will go to.

Again you can use above site to track or digital-seas or sailwx.info, but once in the Atlantic tracking is less often. Using sailwx is best in the Atlantic. Once near the seaboard, you can pick up again.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On dates:
Q5- order 28Aug with a production date of week 40, (28Sep) and was produced that week. At that time, ship date given as 13OCt and was shipped on that date. Port arrival given as 22Oct and was on that date. Dealer arrival given as 09Nov and will likely be a few days before that...so dates on that vehicle were good.
A5- order 28Aug with a production date of week 43, was produced week 40 (ahead of time) all other dates were in November and December at order time. However they ended up following the Q5 dates.

Dealer is stating now that all his allocation dates are in Feburary with April delivery dates. Sorry to those looking to buy now.

Sorry for the long post..maybe this will relieve some folks minds and frustrations.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

is this really necessary? Just post pictures when you get your cars....
Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Apologizing

again my apologies.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see you're as excited as I am about where in the process your car is - I can't wait till I take delivery either!
My salesman has been pretty good with updates, but I've been digging around on the web for info too.
The ship dropped off a bunch of cars in Brunswick, GA on Thursday.
That's the latest for me... I didn't think to try figuring out what train or truck it's gonna be on
Old 10-24-2009, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Found out from the dealer yesterday that my car was on the Hercules Highway also. Wonder how long it will take for the car to get to NYC. Exciting times!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Nice. I think it's fun to track the ships as well. And anyone who has ordered a car understands the fun in that. I hope you get your cars soon. What's better than a new Audi? Two new Audis.

My car was unloaded in Brunswick, GA on the 22nd. I'm told that I'll have it by this weekend. Yea!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
Glad to see you're as excited as I am about where in the process your car is - I can't wait till I take delivery either!
My salesman has been pretty good with updates, but I've been digging around on the web for info too.
The ship dropped off a bunch of cars in Brunswick, GA on Thursday.
That's the latest for me... I didn't think to try figuring out what train or truck it's gonna be on
Well, mine was delivered to my dealer today! I'm assuming yours can't be far behind. I pick it up tomorrow at 1 pm.

Quick Reply: In Port Finally