Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Post some pics of your winter set-ups

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post some pics of your winter set-ups

For those of you who have already mounted a set of winter wheels/tires or have pictures from previous years, let's see them!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I put these on last winter, no complaints.
Attached Images   
Old 11-07-2010, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Those look pretty decent. I see from your signature that they are Hartmanns? Did you buy them from achtuning and how much did the whole package cost you with shipping, duties, etc?

Last edited by MonzaA5; 11-07-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Can_Quattro, do you have any more pictures of your vehicle? I'd like to see more of how Aruba Blue looks.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonzaA5
Those look pretty decent. I see from your signature that they are Hartmanns? Did you buy them from achtuning and how much did the whole package cost you with shipping, duties, etc?
I had the blizzaks shipped to Achtuning from TireRack, Achtuning mounted them on the wheels, and shipped them up. Don't recall the cost but with the loonie strong I doubt you will get a better deal in Canada.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by a5_fanatic
Hey Can_Quattro, do you have any more pictures of your vehicle? I'd like to see more of how Aruba Blue looks.
Here are a few, I like the Aruba Blue, I struggled between Brilliant Red and Aruba Blue, but would choose the blue again. There are a fair number of them now online, when I bought there were not so many.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/album.php?albumid=140
Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
Here are a few, I like the Aruba Blue, I struggled between Brilliant Red and Aruba Blue, but would choose the blue again. There are a fair number of them now online, when I bought there were not so many.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/album.php?albumid=140
Nice pictures. Thanks for linking them.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Can_quattro, I noticed that your winter tires are WS60, which is not V rated as the OEM tire. It is studless winter tires as opposed to performance winter tires. How are they running and how is the treadwear?

Originally Posted by Can_Quattro
I had the blizzaks shipped to Achtuning from TireRack, Achtuning mounted them on the wheels, and shipped them up. Don't recall the cost but with the loonie strong I doubt you will get a better deal in Canada.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have not put them back on yet, this week probably.
I was happy with them last winter, my only minor complaint was that they slightly aggravated the car's poor on-centre feel, need for frequent steering correction. That's not the tire's fault though it's the car's.

The choice of the WS60 vs. a performance winter was intentional.
I had performance winter blizzaks on my A4, and as good as they were they were a little lacking on ice due to the different tread compound.

The performance winters do not have the Multicell compound that the WS60 does. In the Calgary Area there is a lot of ice issues with the thaw-freeze cycles.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just received and got them installed yesterday. They are 18" Moda MD11 bright satin silver finish cast alloy wheels with Pirelli W240 Sotterzero winter tires. They are brighter looking in person. I think they are decent for winter rims.
Attached Images   

Last edited by bbmaster; 11-09-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Post some pics of your winter set-ups