Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Power seats installment

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seats installment

Hi guys
Im rockin a Audi A5 2014 and have a retrofitting question.

I wanna swap out my seats with newer ones.
My current setup are heated seats, lelectric umbar trim and manual ajustment.
Can I install similar seats that also has power adjustment / electric adjustment, or whatever u call it ?

I know there are threads here about conversion but not specifically this question.

Cheers / Henric
Old 04-13-2023, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,759 Posts

Pretty sure that specific config has been addressed in one way or another. It's going to be the same general concept as the recent B9 thread on the same question. Sure, as long as you get "without memory" seats to keep it simple. While the current seats have power and ground on the red 10-pin, they won't be thick enough or the correct fuse for seat adjustment motors. You'll need to add the 15A thermal fuses to the relay/connector station behind the A pillar and run new power lines through those, and new ground lines.

So the old seats come out, the new seats go in, 4 bolts, 4 plugs. But inbetween, you need to upgrade the power and ground lines on the car side to the red 10 pin. That should be all, quick posting off the top of my head.
Old 04-13-2023, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SMac770
Pretty sure that specific config has been addressed in one way or another. It's going to be the same general concept as the recent B9 thread on the same question. Sure, as long as you get "without memory" seats to keep it simple. While the current seats have power and ground on the red 10-pin, they won't be thick enough or the correct fuse for seat adjustment motors. You'll need to add the 15A thermal fuses to the relay/connector station behind the A pillar and run new power lines through those, and new ground lines.

So the old seats come out, the new seats go in, 4 bolts, 4 plugs. But inbetween, you need to upgrade the power and ground lines on the car side to the red 10 pin. That should be all, quick posting off the top of my head.
Thanks for the reply!
Too much of an operation for me. I was hoping that the power in the chair already installed, would be suficent for the added power-trim.
Well, guess i´ll keep looking for other seats.

Take care / Henric