Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Pricing on 2010 A5 and a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KBB trade-in value does NOT = what the dealer will offer you on a trade in. Find out what the car is going for at Manheim auctions...that's when you'll know what your trade is really worth.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did pull the trigger.. I think that $650/month for A5 Premium Plus alone with 6-spd manual is ok considering my circumstances.

To be honest, I've had all kinds of Audis.. I had fully loaded ones with keyless ignition, rear camera, drive assist, navi etc etc..

My Q7 right now only has camera above comfort and even though I find camera to be very useful on a vehicle on a vehicle such as Q7 because it's big and you can't really see that good around you, I think I won't miss it that much with A5.

Can someone tell me what 19" sport package brings over a regular premium plus? Is it just wheels?

My initial wishes for an A5 were to be at least on performance of my previous A6 (3.2L), to be manual this time around, to have sport package and rear-view camera.

Since I can't get this combo, I guess Premium Plus will be fine.

I don't drive the car that much anyways.. My Q7 now has 9000 miles now after 2 years so having Navi and other stuff is not something I really consider a necessity. It would've been nice to get a prestige but I can't justify the bragging right alone (since i don't use a lot of these options) over an additional $150 a month.

I got the Audi A5 Premium plus black/black, xenon 2.0L 6-spd manual, 36months/10k miles with $1000 down at $650/month plus tax. This is including my early lease termination and turning in Q7.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Err if you don't mind answering some questions. What's the MSRP of the new car? Did you get $750 loyalty discount? And does that payment include Audi care? Just wanted to make sure you got the best deal and make some comparison with my leased A5 that I did 2 weeks ago. TIA.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by A8Liter
Sad, but very true. Even the new Ferrari 458 will only be available with paddles :-(
I walked into the Ferrari Showroom at Ferrari of BeverlyHills a couple of weeks ago and they had every single model with paddle-shifters, there was only one vehicle with a Manual and that was a classic 364Daytona that wasn't even on sale, just for show. So I agree that Manual gearboxes end is imminent.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow.. I'm really having a bad experience right now.. after everything was agreed upon.. now they tell me that the car was sold. It just feels like they don't want to do a deal with me and they want to sell me something more expensive as A5 stock premium plus that needs to be brought in from CA to AZ and with my trade is probably not making enough money on them..

I can't believe that car sold in 3 days during the week.

I am really dissapointed now and am probably thinking about going for another brand despite my love for Audi. Dealing with dealerships and their games it becoming too time consuming and frustrating for something I'll be paying 3 years.

Houstonmobilian, my MSRP was $41k, selling price $39,xxx something. I did get $750 loyalty. My paymenent was supposed to be $650/month + tax (around $50) so total was $704.25. Downpayment was $1000 and it was 36 months/10k miles lease.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nfinity
Wow.. I'm really having a bad experience right now.. after everything was agreed upon.. now they tell me that the car was sold. It just feels like they don't want to do a deal with me and they want to sell me something more expensive as A5 stock premium plus that needs to be brought in from CA to AZ and with my trade is probably not making enough money on them..

I am really dissapointed now and am probably thinking about going for another brand despite my love for Audi. Dealing with dealerships and their games it becoming too time consuming and frustrating for something I'll be paying 3 years.

Houstonmobilian, my MSRP was $41k, selling price $39,xxx something. I did get $750 loyalty. My paymenent was supposed to be $650/month + tax (around $50) so total was $704.25. Downpayment was $1000 and it was 36 months/10k miles lease.
That totally sucked!!!! Man, I feel you. However, the deal was about right. Don't give up man, try another dealership if there's another one close by. I have had the same issue when purchasing my car 2 weeks ago. Thank god there was 2 more dealerships here and one of them had the same configuration car for me. The first dealership wanted me to pay $200 more per monthly payment and $3000 more for down payment. Go figure!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i got a 36 mo lease 10k/mi
around 650/mo around 3k down
prem plus, nav, b/o, sport pack, auto
Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by nfinity

Sorry guy, but I don't get it. You got less than $2K off including the loyalty discount. The car is stripped down yet yet you are paying over $700/mo. You didn't get Nav, B&O or Milano which is $4400 of options that others seem to be getting at similar prices. This was not a very good deal. Maybe you should sell the other vehicle separately and take it out of the equation as they seem to be playing games with those numbers too. Probably want to find another dealer to level set.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Sorry guy, but I don't get it. You got less than $2K off including the loyalty discount. The car is stripped down yet yet you are paying over $700/mo. You didn't get Nav, B&O or Milano which is $4400 of options that others seem to be getting at similar prices. This was not a very good deal. Maybe you should sell the other vehicle separately and take it out of the equation as they seem to be playing games with those numbers too. Probably want to find another dealer to level set.
You got to remember he had a $1500 upside down from his trade.

Last edited by Houstonmobilian; 03-25-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Houstonmobilian
You got to remember he had a $1500 upside from his trade.
you have to negotiate both transactions separately.

Quick Reply: Pricing on 2010 A5 and a question