Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Pricing on 2010 A5 and a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by derXmasta
you have to negotiate both transactions separately.
True. That's exactly how I did with mine. First I got the trade in quote and then I negotiated the selling price of the new car. I think in his case, he could have gotten a better selling price offer.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Sorry guy, but I don't get it. You got less than $2K off including the loyalty discount. The car is stripped down yet yet you are paying over $700/mo. You didn't get Nav, B&O or Milano which is $4400 of options that others seem to be getting at similar prices. This was not a very good deal. Maybe you should sell the other vehicle separately and take it out of the equation as they seem to be playing games with those numbers too. Probably want to find another dealer to level set.
The payment wasn't $700+ tax.. it was $650 plus tax, only $1000 down where others are paying $3000 or more. This is including $1500 that I'm upside down on the Q7.

Not sure if you are following?

A5 Premium Plus stock $40k + $1500 (Q7 loss) - $1000 (downpayment) = $40.5k
A5 Premium Plus stock plus Nav/B&O/Milano = $45k - $3000 (down) = $42k

As you can see the difference is that $1500.

So a person getting a Nav/B&O/Milano and $3k down will approx. have the same payments as I would with Premium Plus stock with $1000 down and Q7 loss.

Unfortunately no matter how much I negotiate the deal will not give me the KBB trade-in price. I did talk about the trade in first and the best they would give is $35k. So I can either try to sell the Q7 myself or they will pay me the price they can get it used from Audi with same specs. Which is why I have $1500 loss.

I guess that's the current situation.

I have only 2 Audi dealerships here and they are both Penske Automotive. One in North Scottsdale and one in Chandler. There's a 3rd one in Tucson.

North Scottsdale is giving me far worse conditions because of their location. They just don't care because their sales are good.. Chandler one is probably in a bit worse position and offering better trade-in and overall better deal.

Last edited by nfinity; 03-25-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by nfinity
The payment wasn't $700+ tax.. it was $650 plus tax, only $1000 down where others are paying $3000 or more. This is including $1500 that I'm upside down on the Q7.

Not sure if you are following?

A5 Premium Plus stock $40k + $1500 (Q7 loss) - $1000 (downpayment) = $40.5k
A5 Premium Plus stock plus Nav/B&O/Milano = $45k - $3000 (down) = $42k

As you can see the difference is that $1500.

So a person getting a Nav/B&O/Milano and $3k down will approx. have the same payments as I would with Premium Plus stock with $1000 down and Q7 loss.

Unfortunately no matter how much I negotiate the deal will not give me the KBB trade-in price. I did talk about the trade in first and the best they would give is $35k. So I can either try to sell the Q7 myself or they will pay me the price they can get it used from Audi with same specs. Which is why I have $1500 loss.

I guess that's the current situation.

I have only 2 Audi dealerships here and they are both Penske Automotive. One in North Scottsdale and one in Chandler. There's a 3rd one in Tucson.

North Scottsdale is giving me far worse conditions because of their location. They just don't care because their sales are good.. Chandler one is probably in a bit worse position and offering better trade-in and overall better deal.
No, adding $3500 more would only reduce the payment about $34 per thousand per month.

You said tax added $50/month. I beleive you gave a number of $704. Most people here include tax when they discuss their payment.

No one is trying to rip you but help you. I think you are paying a premium rate for the lease. I also don't beleive you are getting the same discount others are getting. Finally, I don't think you are getting the best price you could on the trade.

The local market drives all this especially if people don't have options on dealers. In Chicago we have 7 Audi dealers.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
No, adding $3500 more would only reduce the payment about $34 per thousand per month.

You said tax added $50/month. I beleive you gave a number of $704. Most people here include tax when they discuss their payment.

No one is trying to rip you but help you. I think you are paying a premium rate for the lease. I also don't beleive you are getting the same discount others are getting. Finally, I don't think you are getting the best price you could on the trade.

The local market drives all this especially if people don't have options on dealers. In Chicago we have 7 Audi dealers.

I am not really upset or anything of sorts I'm just discuss the numbers so they match up. I am not sure how I could get $650 or even $700 a month (tax included) for a $45-$47k car (with options) with my numbers.

I mean if it's possible then I will push for it. I don't have the car yet, so I have not made any agreements because they told me that car was sold.

I mean I would really appreciate people clarifying whether or not they are including tax in their payments.

For example derXmasta.. is your lease $650 a month with tax included?

The one you mentioned:
i got a 36 mo lease 10k/mi
around 650/mo around 3k down
prem plus, nav, b/o, sport pack, auto

Because that car should ideally (like your case) cost me $710/month with $1k down.

They have your car here.. I can go pick it up.. It's on the lot.

It's black/black, 2.0L prem plus, nav, b/o, sport package, auto.. this one they are telling me would cost me about $760/month tax included (36 months/10k miles with $1000 down).

Last edited by nfinity; 03-25-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes my tax was included
the capcost on my car was 1k under msrp
i did not get milano leather.
sorry i just checked.
i paid 3700 down

Last edited by derXmasta; 03-25-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Okay..

so in my case.. all loss and Q7 trade-in aside..

I would have to pay for A5 like yours something like this:

36 months/10k miles
prem plus/nav/b&o/sport/auto
$1000 down

about $80 a month more because I'm doing only $1k down.

So my number ideally without Q7 trade-in would be around $730/month tax included.. Am I calculating right? This is considering that payment goes up/down about $30 per $1000.

Since my Q7 trade-in loss is at $1500.. this is about $45 more.. so the total is $775/a month considering my Q7.

I don't think I'm that far away. So $760/month I have now doesn't seem that bad no?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Okay..

36 months/10k miles
$1000 down

So my number ideally without Q7 trade-in would be around $730/month tax included.. Am I calculating right? This is considering that payment goes up/down about $30 per $1000.

Since my Q7 trade-in loss is at $1500.. this is about $45 more.. so the total is $775/a month considering my Q7.

I don't think I'm that far away. So $760/month I have now doesn't seem that bad no?
And yes, I agreed. Also, according to Omeletpants' payment, his lease is for 42 months, so the monthly payment should have been a little than the 36 months lease.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay..

36 months/10k miles
$1000 down

i wouldnt worry about the per month payment as much as what hes charging you for the car...
as long as its Under MSRP (somewhere between msrp and invoice) and he doesnt tack on ridiculous fees then your good.
the lease factor and all those other #s are set by audi.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by derXmasta
i wouldnt worry about the per month payment as much as what hes charging you for the car...
as long as its Under MSRP (somewhere between msrp and invoice) and he doesnt tack on ridiculous fees then your good.
the lease factor and all those other #s are set by audi.
Here's what I have right now.. This is their last offer as I walkted away and they came back with this and after that the sales person told me that's really the best they can do and if we can't do it they are sorry they couldn't get me into the price range and would have to look for something else like a deal they have on 2010 A6 which will be around what I wanted from them which is like $770 (tax included).

- MSRP on the car is $46,325
- Navigation with camera, B&O, Sport Package with 19" wheels, Premium Plus
- Sale price is: $44,200
- They will take my Q7 I'm losing as I mentioned
- They are asking me $1270 down
- 36months/10k miles
- audi care included

$804/month (tax included)

She told me that it's $35 per $1000.

I did some math and I kind of see that these numbers should be ok. The only thing is that trade-in and I could've possibly gotten more for Q7 but I don't know. She told me that the problem they have with Q7 and really can't go beyond what they get from Audi is because they have 8 Q7s on the lot and have hard time getting rid of them.

How does this sound to you guys?

derXmasta, what are the fees I should be on the look out for that they might tuck in?

Last edited by nfinity; 03-26-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Sounds like the best deal you could get. Given there aren't many Audi dealers in your area this is probably it. So what's your exterior color choice?

Quick Reply: Pricing on 2010 A5 and a question