Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

question about Special Order COLOR; need help from people (USA) who have done this

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

Yesterday I called Audi of America. I spoke with several people (all very friendly) who didn't know about the special order process, but they finally connected me with someone who did know. That person who had proper knowledge was named "Ben", and he told me that he knows the special paint color order process well, and that he has a Solar Orange S4 on order for himself right now. He was also familiar with The Chef's Glut Orange S5 in Texas (which has been so well chronicled on various Audi enthusiast forums).

Ben confirmed that any Audi color, other than the few Audi Exclusive colors, costs $2,500. The Audi Exclusive colors are higher priced, and any color that is outside of Audi's color palette (such as if I wanted a Ferrari color, or gave them a paint-to-match-sample) costs $6,000.

Ben said that the problems that I encountered should not have occurred, and that if indeed the "Distribution Center" told my dealer that Amethyst Gray costs $6,000, that would be an error, and he was going to investigate why that was occurring. He genuinely sounded bothered that there was so much misinformation transmitted within Audi's system on this issue.
He told me that when he gets final confirmation (by making sure that Amethyst Gray "has not moved to an Audi Exclusive color"), he will contact my dealer to provide the clarity thats has been needed: which is that special order colors which are in Audi's color palette, such as Amethyst Gray, cost $2,500, NOT $6,000.

Ben will be contacting me early next week, and hopefully we can get the order process underway again.
I'm thrilled that I was able to finally speak with someone who knew the real deal, and I'm sure that its no coincidence that Ben is an Audi enthusiast, since the most knowledgeable people in the auto industry are usually auto enthusiasts.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Q
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quick...someone put Ben on speed dial.