Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Question for Audi finance guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
I talked to the dealer today. They have the identical car with Quartz Grey. They will trade out cars for $3800 and $10/mo increase on monthly lease rate.
This is almost laughable. You tell everyone that an S5 is not worth the premium over an A5 because the cars look alike, but you won't think twice about spending $4k to switch colors on a leased car you will only have for 3 years. I would hazard to guess that your total payments+down payment+$4k color change + residual on your A5 probably add up to the cash price of an S5. I hope you are not a financial advisor.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I never said that the S5 wasn't worth the price. That makes you a liar. Gotta love that east coast charm.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
I never said that the S5 wasn't worth the price. That makes you a liar. Gotta love that east coast charm.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Maybe this will jog your memory
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2777184&page=8
Old 04-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ET550
This is almost laughable. You tell everyone that an S5 is not worth the premium over an A5 because the cars look alike, but you won't think twice about spending $4k to switch colors on a leased car you will only have for 3 years. I would hazard to guess that your total payments+down payment+$4k color change + residual on your A5 probably add up to the cash price of an S5. I hope you are not a financial advisor.
ET550: Could you post pics of your car here? I am trying to put together that exterior/interior color configuartion you got.. my dealer's inventory consist of meteor grays A5, S5, Q5, TT... I like your color combo, just need to visualize it. Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Maybe this will jog your memory
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2777184&page=8

Actually, here is where eggpants posts get interesting

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2777184&page=3

This guy constantly talks out of both sides of his mouth. He'll say anything to try to win an argument even if it directly goes against something he's said previously (as in this case).

Or, in the case of him complaining way to much about a couple very minor things about the car. This guy should just leave the Audi family and go buy another car that won't make him press the "preset" button over 9,000 times. He's so bothered by it...this is his chance to get out.

Last edited by atombomb33; 04-25-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by atombomb33

This guy constantly talks out of both sides of his mouth. He'll say anything to try to win an argument even if it directly goes against something he's said previously (as in this case).

Or, in the case of him complaining way to much about a couple very minor things about the car. This guy should just leave the Audi family and go buy another car that won't make him press the "preset" button over 9,000 times. He's so bothered by it...this is his chance to get out.
Ahhhhh.......the nitwit that thinks pressing a button 9000 times is fun. There are lots of people like you sitting in locked rooms that also like doing it. To be ripped by you makes me feel good about my intellect.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33

Eggs-actly. Except he never wins but feels better about himself if he can throw out a lame insult.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spaniardone
ET550: Could you post pics of your car here? I am trying to put together that exterior/interior color configuartion you got.. my dealer's inventory consist of meteor grays A5, S5, Q5, TT... I like your color combo, just need to visualize it. Thanks
Why are you bothering. You are never buying the car. You already agreed with omeletpants that an S5 is not worth the price difference over an A5 because no one can tell the difference. You went on to say that you would be just as happy if your A5 had the 170hp eurpoean engine because you dont care about performance. Now you you are claiming you are not only thinking about buying an S5 but were also considering a 997 C4 and now also a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7. Not to mention that it is apparent you are posting under other user names. (In case you have the same memory loss as omeletpants I supplied the link again below). Good luck with your mental mastur..I mean visualizing.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2777184&page=7
Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned

Why are you bothering. You are never buying the car. You already agreed with omeletpants that an S5 is not worth the price difference over an A5 because no one can tell the difference. You went on to say that you would be just as happy if your A5 had the 170hp eurpoean engine because you dont care about performance. Now you you are claiming you are not only thinking about buying an S5 but were also considering a 997 C4 and now also a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7. Not to mention that it is apparent you are posting under other user names. (In case you have the same memory loss as omeletpants I supplied the link again below). Good luck with your mental mastur..I mean visualizing.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2777184&page=7
spinny is either full of it or simply has what he claims.. either way you shouldn't spend so much time studying another member
Old 04-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ayecarumba
spinny is either full of it or simply has what he claims.. either way you shouldn't spend so much time studying another member
whatever you say spaniardone

Quick Reply: Question for Audi finance guys