Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

RS5 DRIVEN by TopGear& CAR Magazine UK

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS5 DRIVEN by TopGear& CAR Magazine UK

TopGear call the new RS5 there new HERO CAR Stating that "Driving the RS5 over an unknown road is like having God's own cheat code for the laws of physics. Its brilliant" CAR mag states the RS5 is .5 faster that M3 to 100kph and more than 3 seconds to 200kph.When asked "is the RS5 an M3 KILLER? They say "Well Yes and No for 99 percent of the people, they will be faster in an RS5 than either the M3 or the C63 over a road.The RS5 is like having God's own cheat code for the laws of physics. you instantly gain ability previously unheard of in someone with your experience , allowing you to access levels of performance usually associated with dull stuff like practice and talent. It's Brilliant.But to provide that experience, it shaves off the last 10 per cent of delicacy that makes an M3 so delicious. if you want the possibility of the ultimate thrill of mastery over rear-wheel drive, The M3 is still king. if you want a var that satisfies everyday needs in a spectacular fashion, the Rs5 is the way to go".So there you have it, My order for a RS5 are in the books, and no i do not feel one bit bad for the poor saps in M3's when they see those mean LED's in there rear view.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned

got the link??
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by polishS5
got the link??
Not for Top Gear, but the CAR video test is here:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...deo-road-test/
Old 06-26-2010, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ordering mine in Purple. Cant wait.

Originally Posted by adansirs5
TopGear call the new RS5 there new HERO CAR Stating that "Driving the RS5 over an unknown road is like having God's own cheat code for the laws of physics. Its brilliant" CAR mag states the RS5 is .5 faster that M3 to 100kph and more than 3 seconds to 200kph.When asked "is the RS5 an M3 KILLER? They say "Well Yes and No for 99 percent of the people, they will be faster in an RS5 than either the M3 or the C63 over a road.The RS5 is like having God's own cheat code for the laws of physics. you instantly gain ability previously unheard of in someone with your experience , allowing you to access levels of performance usually associated with dull stuff like practice and talent. It's Brilliant.But to provide that experience, it shaves off the last 10 per cent of delicacy that makes an M3 so delicious. if you want the possibility of the ultimate thrill of mastery over rear-wheel drive, The M3 is still king. if you want a var that satisfies everyday needs in a spectacular fashion, the Rs5 is the way to go".So there you have it, My order for a RS5 are in the books, and no i do not feel one bit bad for the poor saps in M3's when they see those mean LED's in there rear view.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default RS5 Driven

Originally Posted by polishS5
got the link??
sorry bro, have to get The magazine, Issue #205 June for Top Gear, and May issue for Car magazine, Both are very informative.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Doesn't the RS5 retail for well above the price of the M3?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by andre.e.adams
In Europe, it is priced a bit higher than an M3 and will most likely be the same case when it arrives for North America.

The question is what does the base RS5 have compared to a base M3 and does that in itself justify the price difference. An example is that the base transmission for the M3 is a 6MT while the RS5 has the 7DCT. The DCT for the M3 is optional and adds close to $3000.

I'm not sure if the RS5 will include components that are optional in base S5 models (such as MMI with Navigation Plus, Sports Rear Differential, or Audi Drive Select). If it includes MMI with Navigation Plus by default, then that's another $2000-odd option for the M3.

Either way, I can't afford either, but I will be quite happy with my "lowly" S5
Old 06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by andre.e.adams
If the rumors are correct the RS5 will be 69K base and 75K well equipped. Since it will probably not be out in the U.S until end of 2011 (as a 2012 model) the price is very competitive with what the M3 will cost. When you include the cost of a 2nd car for winter driving the RS5 will be far cheaper than an M3.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Banned

Hi, does you tiptronic S5 include the S mode in gearbox?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by questionlp
In Europe, it is priced a bit higher than an M3 and will most likely be the same case when it arrives for North America.

The question is what does the base RS5 have compared to a base M3 and does that in itself justify the price difference. An example is that the base transmission for the M3 is a 6MT while the RS5 has the 7DCT. The DCT for the M3 is optional and adds close to $3000.

I'm not sure if the RS5 will include components that are optional in base S5 models (such as MMI with Navigation Plus, Sports Rear Differential, or Audi Drive Select). If it includes MMI with Navigation Plus by default, then that's another $2000-odd option for the M3.

Either way, I can't afford either, but I will be quite happy with my "lowly" S5
RS5 we tested 2 months ago didn't have the MMI, it was basic model with almost identical options list as with the S5, except for ceramic brakes and black optik package. Not sure if the US will have same specs but looking at what audiusa it may seem that way in the end. I am happy with my S5 and looking forward to many years of happiness. I didn't feel much difference between my S5 and the RS5 plus I enjoy driving manuals. These days there is much electronics built in vehicles one feels like is been driven and not driving.

Quick Reply: RS5 DRIVEN by TopGear& CAR Magazine UK