Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

RS5 DRIVEN by TopGear& CAR Magazine UK

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sesame60
If the rumors are correct the RS5 will be 69K base and 75K well equipped. Since it will probably not be out in the U.S until end of 2011 (as a 2012 model) the price is very competitive with what the M3 will cost. When you include the cost of a 2nd car for winter driving the RS5 will be far cheaper than an M3.
I found the Audi UK brochure for the S5 coupe and RS5. The base RS5 coupe is listed at 47740 GBP prior to taxes, which roughly equates to $72130. The S5 coupe is listed at 34404 GBP prior to taxes, which is about $52000.

Now I understand that there are differences in what is included as a base model in the UK market and in the US market. So the estimates of $72000 for a starting price has some weight.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Audi has increased prices across the board in the UK and that seems to be happening with the US 2011 models as well.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by polishS5
Hi, does you tiptronic S5 include the S mode in gearbox?
If I'm correct, an S5 with Tiptronic is equipped with either the Rear Sports Differential or Audi Drive Select, the "S" selection is replaced with the "Dynamic" option in ADS. If you don't have either, then you'll have an "S" selection.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You did not feel a difference between your S5 and the RS5?????, You must be nuts My S5 has a giac remap stassis complete Stassis suspension and a AWE system with downpipes, and I sure do feel the difference, Please dont bull%$#@ us and get on with it, This car is the real deal, and we will find out when it reache's north america, NO DIFFERENCE?? PLEASE, try selling me a horse with no legs instead bro.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default RS5 Driven

You did not Feel a difference, My friend My S5 has been remapped by GIAC plus a complete AWE system , With a Stassis coilover system, And I sure feel the Difference. Bro I'm not sure if you even drove the car? Do you mean you sat in it ?, or toke it for a spin in the dealers lot? what are you talking about? Anyway your better of trying to sell us a horse with no legs, BULl@#$%. Man some people????
Old 06-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why did you feel the need to send 2 of the same hateful message? Your additions simply don't compare to the man hours in designing the RS5. Adding onto something yields less benefit than designing it to be a beast from the start.

We agree that the RS5 is the real deal with bill mcneal
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry guys, didn't no if my first reply got through,not trying to be nasty, But let's just try and keep it REAL!! ok?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by adansirs5
You did not Feel a difference, My friend My S5 has been remapped by GIAC plus a complete AWE system , With a Stassis coilover system, And I sure feel the Difference. Bro I'm not sure if you even drove the car? Do you mean you sat in it ?, or toke it for a spin in the dealers lot? what are you talking about? Anyway your better of trying to sell us a horse with no legs, BULl@#$%. Man some people????
Can someone translate this, please.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Can someone translate this, please.
sounds like an indian 'my friend'.. lol
Old 06-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adansirs5
You did not feel a difference between your S5 and the RS5?????, You must be nuts My S5 has a giac remap stassis complete Stassis suspension and a AWE system with downpipes, and I sure do feel the difference, Please dont bull%$#@ us and get on with it, This car is the real deal, and we will find out when it reache's north america, NO DIFFERENCE?? PLEASE, try selling me a horse with no legs instead bro.
My S5 is stock, 6speed manual and everytime I drive it, I drive like if it was the last time to drive it and when I tested the RS5 I didn't feel a substantial difference between two plus the S5 is more fun than the S-Tronic named automatic. You feel more connected to the car with the 6Speed Manual. Only between 120km/h to about 220km/h I felt it was pulling a bit greater and more progresive but other than that, same same same.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

********, The RS5 has a new version of Audi's seven-speed Double-clutch gearbox,reinforced with extra girders to cope with a torque curve that punches eerily northwords in the early part of the rev-range,peaking at a suspiciously flat table top from 4000 to 6000rpm. Why do you think sportscar makers like ferrari Porche have gone this route, You dont see a stick shift in F1 do you? i wonder why? welcome ton the 20Th century polishS5. Didn't feel a difference? ********!!!!

Quick Reply: RS5 DRIVEN by TopGear& CAR Magazine UK