Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

RS5 DRIVEN by TopGear& CAR Magazine UK

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adansirs5
********, The RS5 has a new version of Audi's seven-speed Double-clutch gearbox,reinforced with extra girders to cope with a torque curve that punches eerily northwords in the early part of the rev-range,peaking at a suspiciously flat table top from 4000 to 6000rpm. Why do you think sportscar makers like ferrari Porche have gone this route, You dont see a stick shift in F1 do you? i wonder why? welcome ton the 20Th century polishS5. Didn't feel a difference? ********!!!!
I tend to follow both the A5 and A4 forums, so I figured I'd chime in. I have an RS4 and love the fact that it's a 6-speed. I've driven Ferrari 599's (F1 style) in addition to 430's (6 speeds), and I can honestly say that while the 599 is a HELL of a lot faster in almost every respect, the 6-speed of the 430 adds an additional level of fun to the car both on the track and on the road. If your sole goal is to race or if you sit in traffic a lot, buy an F1 style car. If you want a car that you drive to have fun and don't mind your shifts being slower, get a 6-speed and have a blast. I personally looked at the RS5 eagerly and decided against the purchase after reading that it will have the F1 style transmission. I don't think enjoying a traditional 6-speed is at all a backwards concept. Porsche has had tiprtonic transmissions for years, yet continues to sell GT2's with 6-speeds. Why? People like them that way.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Banned

********, The RS5 has a new version of Audi's seven-speed Double-clutch gearbox,reinforced with extra girders to cope with a torque curve that punches eerily northwords in the early part of the rev-range,peaking at a suspiciously flat table top from 4000 to 6000rpm. Why do you think sportscar makers like ferrari Porche have gone this route, You dont see a stick shift in F1 do you? i wonder why? welcome ton the 20Th century polishS5. Didn't feel a difference? ********!!!!
Look Jerky! I didn't feel a substantial difference when I tested the RS5 and I drive my S5 to the max! Wait and see for yourself if you do drive an S5 that is. To me the extra cost don't account for the little output in comparison with an S5 not to mention how much more fun it is to be in control with a Manual gearbox.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok ********, this is the last time i'm going to bitchslap you, Then send you to your mommy. The RS5 does 0-100 kph in 4.1 seconds 0-200kph in 10.5 seconds, The S5 4.8 and 17.3 Audi states 4.5 and 10.9, But test's from Auto Express have produced these numbers,I am not saying that The S5 is not an amazing ride, And I understand that you love your car and defend it like a loved family member, But to say dumb **** like "did't feel the difference" I understand that you don't have the extra currency to prechase a RS5.So dont justify it by stating crackhead remarks, Maybe you should take out the extra padding in your rear end when put on your jeans, ********.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

got a question--- even though i agree with your points in general, where do you see any info that states that the RS5 will hit 100kph (62mph) in 4.1? that would translate to a 3.9 or 4.0 60mph run.

0-200kph on 10.5 tranlsates to approximately 8.7 for a 0-100mph run (if extrapolated linearly--probably around 8.4 sec IF 10.5 to 124 were true...). No way in hell the RS5 does that.

BTW, i believe the Audi website your refer to states that it takes another 10.9 seconds to get to 200 (from 100kph)....
Old 07-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok ********, this is the last time i'm going to bitchslap you, Then send you to your mommy. The RS5 does 0-100 kph in 4.1 seconds 0-200kph in 10.5 seconds, The S5 4.8 and 17.3 Audi states 4.5 and 10.9, But test's from Auto Express have produced these numbers,I am not saying that The S5 is not an amazing ride, And I understand that you love your car and defend it like a loved family member, But to say dumb **** like "did't feel the difference" I understand that you don't have the extra currency to prechase a RS5.So dont justify it by stating crackhead remarks, Maybe you should take out the extra padding in your rear end when put on your jeans, ********.
First off friend, learn how to speak english appropriately. Second, you should recognize that everyone in this world is entitled to their opinion. While I too sympathize with the concern over difference between the S5 and RS5, you should base your comments off of what you've read here and there. This person has obviously driven both, and if you step back from being closed-minded, you'll take heed of what he is saying. I for one, have placed a deposit to purchase an RS5 and I am eagerly waiting on its arrival. As for the performance cues, stats and information, you'll need to wait until you, yourself, sit behind the wheel of one. Do some more homework before you decide to criticize others on their opinions.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nuff said.But I allso have my opinion, and it is that there are people out there that try to downgrade things due to the fact that they are not able to atain the very things they wish, so the come out and say things to downgrade the thing they cannot have. I own a 2009 S5 that is tunned, no where close to the specs of the RS5 , and i can tell you i can very well feel the Difference.I magazine publications from Top gear to Car mag UK, and Automotor&Sport that state the RS5's performance numbers 4.1 to 0-60, Audi claims 4.6, but we all know they allways sandbag there claims.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nuff said.But I allso have my opinion, and it is that there are people out there that try to downgrade things due to the fact that they are not able to atain the very things they wish, so the come out and say things to downgrade the thing they cannot have. I own a 2009 S5 that is tunned, no where close to the specs of the RS5 , and i can tell you i can very well feel the Difference.I magazine publications from Top gear to Car mag UK, and Automotor&Sport that state the RS5's performance numbers 4.1 to 0-60, Audi claims 4.6, but we all know they allways sandbag there claims.
Can you provide a link to one of these magazines that claims the RS5 does 0 - 100kph in 4.1s? I would love to see it. So far the best time I have seen is 4.3s.

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/rotationofrs5.jpg/
Old 07-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

AutoBild.TV, and CAR magazine Uk.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am looking at the Car (UK)magazine, May 2010 issue, right now, and it says the RS5 goes 0-62mph in 4.6.

Be a little more specific on your sources please.......
Old 07-03-2010, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
I am looking at the Car (UK)magazine, May 2010 issue, right now, and it says the RS5 goes 0-62mph in 4.6.

Be a little more specific on your sources please.......
I agree with you. Autobild.tv also shows 0 - 62mph is 4.6s.

Sounds like a bogus claim by adansirs5.

Quick Reply: RS5 DRIVEN by TopGear& CAR Magazine UK