Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

RS5 vs M3 & RS5 vs 911 Links inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NBRS5SB
badass!!! Do you have a Dino 4 hp or a quarter mile time?
Just happened to bring my printout to work because someone else wanted to see it. Here is the Mustang Dyno printout my Tuner EMD Auto ran for me. He said he ran a Dragee 1/4 mile at 10.9.
Sorry, I am not really tech savvy and could not figure out how to embed it in the reply as a photo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RS5CrankDynoPic.pdf (163.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 02-03-2022, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyG
Just happened to bring my printout to work because someone else wanted to see it. Here is the Mustang Dyno printout my Tuner EMD Auto ran for me. He said he ran a Dragee 1/4 mile at 10.9.
Sorry, I am not really tech savvy and could not figure out how to embed it in the reply as a photo

thanks. Makes total sense, although I guess your car has a 10.7 in it.

I am stage 2 w catless DPs, intake and ABT aux cooler. Got 549 on dyno and 11.2 1/4 mile on 93. I’ve never ran it on race Fuel and supposedly my tuna just for that.

your set up is unbelievable I love it man.

Also lowered.

Last edited by NBRS5SB; 02-03-2022 at 05:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NBRS5SB:
B7Quattro Pete (02-26-2024), SpeedyG (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NBRS5SB
thanks. Makes total sense, although I guess your car has a 10.7 in it.

I am stage 2 w catless DPs, intake and ABT aux cooler. Got 549 on dyno and 11.2 1/4 mile on 93. I’ve never ran it on race Fuel and supposedly my tuna just for that.

your set up is unbelievable I love it man.

Also lowered.
Thanks. I always felt the RS5 was great off the dig but the Midrange and Top End were weak, considering it is a twin turbo. My Tuner is the one that recommended Stage 3, E30-E35, Upgrading the Turbos with Turbosystems. Turbosystems take the stock turbos and hone out the insides and machine them so they can put larger internals. They use Ball bearings which spool up faster than the stock journal bearings. The Stertman tune was a custom ECU and TCU tune. I had it in for a week or more at a time, three different times so they could datalog and get the tune just right with no dashlights or error codes. It was been running great for just over a year now. It still has room to push more boost. I think they dialed it in at 27lbs or 28lbs of boost and he said I can probably go 30 or 31 lbs with an upgraded HPFP. I still need an upgraded Intercooler. Its fun and it does pretty well off the 50 roll now whereas before it was weak. Off the dig it is a Beast. The tune is for 91 plus Ethanol blend as most gas stations in CA have 87, 89 and 91 Octane and the city I live in has plenty of Ethanol gas stations Now, the Midrange and Top end is respectable and off the Dig more Beastly

Last edited by SpeedyG; 02-14-2022 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling correction
The following users liked this post:
NBRS5SB (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I run it on 91 with an E30-35 Blend. 93 is not that common in CA where I live and I didn't want to have to drive all over looking for it so my tune is for 91 with an Ethanol blend. Ethanol is easy to find in the city I live in and most gas stations have 87, 89 and 91 here in the LA area.

Last edited by SpeedyG; 02-03-2022 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2022, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my RS5 sportback about a year now, and time for new tires. Of course my local Audi shop is pushing the Contis again because that's their thing (or Pirelli) but consensus here seems to be the Pilot Sport A/S 4 would be the best all-round choice (not to mention much cheaper).

Question is: here in Virginia there's not a whole lot of need for an A/S tire, although I do drive to Chicago (that means Ohio+Indiana and the associated weather) a couple times a year. Going 275/30/20 same as the Contis that came with it, but would love some thoughts. I'm inclined to go for the higher performance, knowing that means shorter tire life, higher price, and less weather capability. Thoughts?
Old 02-13-2022, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Had my RS5 sportback about a year now, and time for new tires. Of course my local Audi shop is pushing the Contis again because that's their thing (or Pirelli) but consensus here seems to be the Pilot Sport A/S 4 would be the best all-round choice (not to mention much cheaper).

Question is: here in Virginia there's not a whole lot of need for an A/S tire, although I do drive to Chicago (that means Ohio+Indiana and the associated weather) a couple times a year. Going 275/30/20 same as the Contis that came with it, but would love some thoughts. I'm inclined to go for the higher performance, knowing that means shorter tire life, higher price, and less weather capability. Thoughts?

my RS five came from the factory with the Hankook Ventus tires which were max performance summer tires. My car is tuned with intake down pipes exhaust and cooling.

I actually liked the Hankook quite a bit but they needed replacement after about 18,000 miles.

I live in South Florida so technically I really don’t need all season tires but we occasionally dip down into the mid 40s, we get a lot of rain, and I have made a couple of trips to Michigan where the weather is unpredictable.

I intentionally went with the continental extreme contact DWS 06 tire. Categorized as ultra high performance all season.

i’ve only put about 4000 on them but it was a great choice. On warm dry days there as sticky as the Hancooks. They are even better during a heavy rain and if I need to I can take him out when the temperatures hit the mid 40s as I did just last week. Also ran 11.2, my fastest time ever, using the Contis.

I highly recommend them. You were asking for opinions in mine is just one but I really made a good choice

Last edited by NBRS5SB; 02-13-2022 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha HA, thank you for this reply, saved me from typing,... just got caught up on this thread as I hope I get my new wheels sooner than later, then will post pics...
BIGG Yess, on corner characteristics. I often find on ramps I'm familiar with when I cant hit up my nearby canyons, ... go into the corner hard, late on brakes, then find that neutral throttle asap, and you can get a 4 wheel drift easily, especially on these stock Conti's,... no understeer experience here. Not quite to the level as my previous car, a Mitsubishi EVOX MR, but damn good considering the weight and size in comparison...
Hmmmm I don't know about this comment, LMAO,.. "I feel RS5 will be picked by spoiled kids and wannabe playas for showing off purposes, for all other daily drivers, S5 does it."

Originally Posted by Ape Factory
I daily drive my RS5 as well and dynamically, it's on another level from the S5. Especially in the handling department. The S-Tronic has a completely different TCU map as does the active rear differential. It is a different drive and keeping the rpm above 4K or even 5K, it's a complete animal on the open road. In fact, it's so good, Randy Pbost said it's better handler than the R8. And when you want to tame it all down, it's as easy to drive as a Camry. Everyone says Audis understeer but not this one. Counter steer correction and having the tail out is a normal occurrence on this car. Super controllable too.

There's a good deal of aftermarket support for the RS5 now and it's only getting better. We now have several worthwhile tunes and cars running in the high 11's to low 12's consistently with one car running sub-4's 0-60. I've run as low as 4.1. If anything the one flaw is the car's weight. Dynamically, in the turns, you really don't feel it. Hides its weight well. It only really shows up in outright acceleration numbers for cars with the factory tune.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just bought a 2022 M3 a few months ago and the suspension is fantastic right out of the box! I have always felt the M Suspensions were more dialed in than the RS or the AMG's. I love driving the M3 and the manual transmission is engaging however as a daily I love my RS5. The interior is more comfortable as it's seats are wider and I am only 5'10", 195lbs, but the M3 is snug. Two really nice cars but with different appeal and manners. Each serves its purpose.