Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

s5=Hot Blonde (kinda)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default s5=Hot Blonde (kinda)

As I posted in another thread: I own a 2010 s5 and I feel like a I am dating a really Hot Blonde chick with kinda big ***** ( not so fast v8). Looks really hot and will make you cream in your jeans everytime you look back at it in the parking lot. But she is lacking what really matters. I am really wishing I would have went for the MB E550 Coupe now that lady has it all. I think everyone loves this car, but it is not what you would bring home to your parents and tell them what you are paying for it. And as far as BMW goes, Audi by far has better interiors than bimmer. My cousin has a 2010 335i convertable and it just looks really cheap. I think I am going to trade my s5 next year for a MB E550 coupe. I just hope she dont take me for a ride when I go to divorce her (lol)
Old 11-15-2009, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u will get a lot of hatemail for this....
Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Why do you feel it necessary to keep cutting and pasting the same post into different threads?

We get it, you regret your purchase. OK!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
As I posted in another thread: I own a 2010 s5 and I feel like a I am dating a really Hot Blonde chick with kinda big ***** ( not so fast v8). Looks really hot and will make you cream in your jeans everytime you look back at it in the parking lot. But she is lacking what really matters. I am really wishing I would have went for the MB E550 Coupe now that lady has it all. I think everyone loves this car, but it is not what you would bring home to your parents and tell them what you are paying for it. And as far as BMW goes, Audi by far has better interiors than bimmer. My cousin has a 2010 335i convertable and it just looks really cheap. I think I am going to trade my s5 next year for a MB E550 coupe. I just hope she dont take me for a ride when I go to divorce her (lol)
So what really matters....you never did say....and shouldnt you have figured all that out during the test drive ??
AudiWorld Senior Member

Personally, I think you are insane, and if you know anything about buyers, atleast the men, we aren't the type of guys that look for the hot blonde. I'll take a hot intelligent brunette any day of the week, Audi purchasers atleast the ones I know tend to be way more interested in substance than glitter, lest we'd by a BMW, you, know the car company everyone looks to buy when they have a little success and wnat to be seen. It's rather interesting in that many Audi owners specifically, look for the understated, and that's why they gravitated towards Audi atleast that's why I did, because, inthe late 90's and early 2000's, people in the US just didn't know how unbelievable these machines were. Personally, I think you should go back to BMW , it's definitely the car company for you.
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all relative.

IMO, being in the PNW, an Audi is the total package. The MBs and the Bimmers are the high maintanence women that you date while in college or in post-grad. You see, you can depend on an Audi regardless of the weather condition, but with the other two, they are nothing more than a really expensive flower pot sitting in your garage when the adverse weather system hits.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just my two cents. I was not given the chance to drive an s5 before I ordered and bought mine. So far like I said the car looks great but it has not showed me anything great like everyone talks about I have always only driven trucks and SUV's my only other car was a 92 honda preulde 4WS vtec I guess I will see what's happens in the next year or so. I have never been ine to buy something for a label that is why I went with the S5 I bought it becuse I liked the style not the name but the s5 just has not made me go WOW with any other thing than its looks even my yukon had more gadgets than my s5. Again thus is just my two cents don't wanna be bashed for it I was just wanting someone to give me some highlights so I could maybe like this car better
Old 11-15-2009, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

You aren't being bashed except that you keep posting the same thing. We get it, you don't like the car. What was the reason for starting a new thread with the same paragraph you posted before?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the lesson here is to test-drive a car before you buy it, and to make sure your expectations are realistic. The S5 is an amazing car, but it's definitely a GT - it's got plenty of power but it's tuned to delivered very smoothly rather than to act like an Evo or 370Z.

I'm also surprised that an S5 wouldn't have enough available gadgets to suit most people's needs. About the only things I think the E550 has that the S5 doesn't are things like attention assist and ventilated seats, and maybe HD radio. Other than that the tech in the MMI and COMMAND systems are pretty well-matched.

FWIW I think the E550 (like most MB's) looks a little gaudy/tacky but the 5.5 liter V8 is a very nice engine. I haven't driven it but given that it's an MB I would imagine it's pretty similar to the GT personality of the S5 so I'm not sure what you'd be getting other than a few more HP and a few tenths of a second on the 0-60. (And for the hit you would take on depreciation so soon, you could consider spending some money on an exhaust and chip or some other S5 mods).
Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The S5 is faster, and has a more efficient engine, the S5 0-60 4.9 vs E550 0-60 in 5.3.

Although, the E550 displacement is 5.5 liters, vs S5's 4.2, the 4.2 gets 85HP per litre or 357HP, vs E550's 69.45 per litre or 382HP, only 25HP but hit's heavier so it's slower, guzzles more gas, and can't match the sportiness or sound of the S5's engine.

Quick Reply: s5=Hot Blonde (kinda)