Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Are the S5 20" wheels the same as what used to be for an B7 RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are the S5 20" wheels the same as what used to be for an B7 RS4?

Here, on the bottom of page 31 there is an image of a 20" wheel option for the S5 (option code PQF). I've been asking my dealer if he can get them, but they can't seem to figure out what it is I'm talking about. They're asking me if it's like the RS4 20" wheel, but I have no idea because the RS4 isn't on www.audi.x any more.

Anyone know if the two wheels are the same?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

The wheels are different, the issue is that the center bore of the S5 wheels is larger than that of the wheels for the RS4, all B8 chassis wheels will not properly fit a B7 or earlier chassis. Also the S5 20" wheels are not available in the US.

If you are looking for 20" wheels that are the same style as the RS4 wheels you can use the S5 wheel from Europe which I can supply or if you need a wheel for an RS4 you use the A/S8 with a spacer since the offset is quite different. If you are interested in pricing or have any questions you can email at: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Last edited by Alex@Europrice.us; 06-05-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good information, Alex - thanks.

I quizzed my dealer on this and he said that the RS4 20" wheel is available in S5 parts and order catalog, so he's making the assumption that Audi would have done their homework and made sure the fitment was correct; unless Audi has a habit having erroneous information in their catalog.

What do you think?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Well likely what he is referring to is the style of the wheel, not the actual wheel itself being the same part. There are MANY wheels that are the same exact style as the RS4 wheel but they carry different dimensions, different offsets and even the different B8 center bore. The 20" wheel you want is for the A5/S5 and the center bore is correct and the offset/sizing is proper for your exact fitment onto an S5. Which is what I assume you are looking to do?

Cheers,

Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice
The wheels are different, the issue is that the center bore of the S5 wheels is larger than that of the wheels for the RS4, all B8 chassis wheels will not properly fit a B7 or earlier chassis. Also the S5 20" wheels are not available in the US.

If you are looking for 20" wheels that are the same style as the RS4 wheels you can use the S5 wheel from Europe which I can supply or if you need a wheel for an RS4 you use the A/S8 with a spacer since the offset is quite different. If you are interested in pricing or have any questions you can email at: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,
Are your wheels sourced OEMs or replicas? I'm very interested in OEMs only for this particular wheel. Like JakBeatz, I've gotten the same results from my local Audi dealer about a month or so ago. They had not seen/heard of these wheels. I spent the latter half of a Saturday afternoon trying to get to the bottom of locating these with no luck. BTW for everyone else interested in this thread/topic, the wheels we speak of are the 20" 7 arm twin-spoke wheel. These are exactly the same wheel shown on the 2010 Sprint Blue S5 Cabriolet seen on this and other sites. I believe these are fitted to 255/35 tires. I would also wager that these wheels do not require spacers as they are Audi OEMs. See example below.
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

The wheels are genuine OE parts as is nearly the entire catalog of parts listed on the website except for those manufactured by aftermarket companies such as STaSIS.

These wheels are just as shown here in a wheel and tire package offered:

They are 20x9" ET29 wheels which are designed specifically for the A5/S5 [B8]. I do receive a larger number of inquiries on these wheels for the S5 and currently have a wheel and tire package available out of Europe, the wheels themselves out of Europe and currently am looking at attempting to get units in larger quantities in the US so they carry less shipping costs, though I believe inventory in the US is zero. I should have more information later today or tomorrow on that front. Also separate TPMS sensors are available in a package of 4 if needed. Center caps are included with the wheel purchase.

I will post the information on stock and price in the US if it is possible, though as I mention I believe there is no inventory in the US and bringing them from Europe may still be the most cost effective method of getting these wheels.

If you are interested in pricing or more information please do not hesitate to email at: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Pricing update and availability update on these wheels shows that there isn't inventory in the US, however even bringing them in from Europe will get the price down and cut down on shipping costs.

ORIGINAL PRICING - S5 20x9" Wheels - $3586.64 set (Retail - $3934.28)

NEW PRICING - S5 20x9" Wheels - $2889.20 set (Retail - $3934.28)

So there are considerable savings and I can have them to anyone interested in approximately 1 1/2 to 2 weeks depending on your location. They would ship via FedEx to your location and a tracking number would be provided when they have shipped.

If you are interested in a complete quote please email with your shipping address at: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Alex,

Is it just me or does the wheel image you attached looks more matte than the wheel show in the image attached by newbie2quattro?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice
Pricing update and availability update on these wheels shows that there isn't inventory in the US, however even bringing them in from Europe will get the price down and cut down on shipping costs.

ORIGINAL PRICING - S5 20x9" Wheels - $3586.64 set (Retail - $3934.28)

NEW PRICING - S5 20x9" Wheels - $2889.20 set (Retail - $3934.28)

So there are considerable savings and I can have them to anyone interested in approximately 1 1/2 to 2 weeks depending on your location. They would ship via FedEx to your location and a tracking number would be provided when they have shipped.

If you are interested in a complete quote please email with your shipping address at: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Questions:

1. Does the $2889.20 cost include the set of 4 michelin tires as shown in your image and the shipping cost?

2. Are these wheels for S5 only or will these work on A5 just the same?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Very likely the angle of the photo or flash versus no flash or environment, indoor versus outdoor as well. The wheels come in one color code only (1H7).

Originally Posted by JakBeatZ
Alex,

Is it just me or does the wheel image you attached looks more matte than the wheel show in the image attached by newbie2quattro?